If you are a current employee, please STOP and apply through the Careers Application in Workday
Job Description Summary:POSITION TITLE: Sales Representative - General Market
Performs functions to obtain sales, secure new business accounts and service the needs of the existing sales accounts with an assigned territory.
- Plan time and activities to ensure achievement of company and supplier established goals and sales objectives within assigned accounts.
- Develop monthly, weekly and daily written plans for execution.
- Responsible for all aspects of servicing and merchandising within assigned accounts.
- Follow established company guidelines for a complete sales call.
- Establish and follow an efficient and economical routing pattern that ensures assigned accounts are effectively serviced and merchandised as needed.
- Gain knowledge of customer’s business operations and coordinating multiple and diverse options for selling the company’s products to each.
- Ability to develop an effective partnership with accounts.
- Have extensive knowledge of the company’s products and knowing in-depth features and benefits of each compared to the competition.
- Sell concepts and consulting with the customer on strategies that will collectively enhance both business models.
- Present the entire company portfolio.
- Prepare professional sales presentations for each account call tailored to current supplier programs and the needs of the customer.
- Build positive relationships and an effective partnership with the ultimate decision maker in all assigned accounts.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and objection handling skills.
- Proven abilities to develop selling strategies targeted to enhance wine and spirit sales
- Ability to work with management, colleagues, and customers throughout the business and industry at every level
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
Two to three years of sales experience in the beverage alcohol industry preferred; Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Sales Representatives are expected to serve as information resources for, and conduits between, the field and the company’s management by:
- Communicating issues, opportunities and market intelligence with appropriate management through written, electronic and verbal means.
- Maintaining up-to-date, accurate territory and account records.
- Submitting prompt and accurate reports.
- Following company policies and procedures.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to work with management, colleagues, and customers throughout the business and industry at every level.
Sales Tasks & Activities : Knowledge of processes, tools, techniques and theory behind selling the organization’s products or services.
Enjoy a career with us!