A large enterprise company is looking for an IX Designer with 4-6 years of experience to join their team. This person will be expected to work on medium size projects. On a daily basis, they will take the requirements and use cases from the UX Designers, making sure to capture them all and understand what is expected in the product. They will then work to create wireframes and mockups of the screens, mapping out all of the user interactions. They will be expected to understand the logic of the workflow as well as look for opportunities to automate /combine logic and or make the experience easier for the user.
This role is extremely collaborative and they will be working heavily with development teams to ensure design requirements can be met technically. While about 50% of the role will be creating mockup and wireframes and user flows, 50% will be collaborating with other teams. With the Developers, there is a quite a bit of negotiations and pushback understanding when to advocate for design is very important.
They will also present their work to the UX Designers to ensure it meets all the requirements. They will also work with research teams to understand user data as well as QA.
Once they have created effective wireframes and mockups that meet the requirements from the UX Designers and are signed off by the Developers, they will send them to the Visual Design team. This candidate will not be doing any Visual Design work.
A technical background or understand would be extremely helpful as they work closely with Developers . This person will mostly be creating work flows, wireframes and mock ups.
- 4-6 years focused on the creation of screens, wireframes, mock ups, workflows based on UX requirements
- experience working with development teams to create a strong user workflow on an application
- educational background in: HCI, Psychology, Human factors or a mixture of psychology and CS/HCI
- ability to negotiate with developers and advocate for design and user experience
- strong Portfolio: one that highlights
- ability to understand a problem,
- ability to map out problem and think through logic
- demonstrates thought process and how they came to a solution (how did they get from A from B)
- shows wireframe / mockups and can explain why they created it in that was (how did they know priority etc.)
- ability to collaborative and work with other people,
- ability to take constructive criticism and iterate and improve
Past experience as a Developer or in a technical role