User Documentation Specialist
Building Robotics, Inc. is a Siemens-owned business founded in 2012, as Comfy | Enlighted. Our mission is connecting employees to the people, places, and things they need to do their best work. Our SaaS platform combines building intelligence, space analytics, and a consumer-grade mobile app technology to improve the workplace experience for Fortune 500 companies around the globe. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, our fast-growing team balances the dynamic energy of a small company with the backing of a global powerhouse.
Our Promise to You
We believe your work is an extension of yourself. At Comfy | Enlighted, we hire many sorts of selves and that’s what makes us exceptional. We value diversity of thought, always asking tough questions, committing to solutions—and we do that best when we have and nurture every point of view. We value you, and we want to hear you, learn from you, and move forward together.
What You Will Do
- Work with product management, product marketing, delivery, customer support, customer success, and engineering to produce and maintain world-class documentation for Comfy solutions.
- Responsible for user guides, how-to videos, administration and configuration of best practices, integration guides, API developer guides, FAQs, technical overviews, and other customer-facing documentation.
- Understand complex concepts and communicate the information in a way that is engaging and understood by users at various technical levels.
- Gather customer feedback on documentation to improve usability.
- Act as an editor to ensure consistency in user documentation across the organization.
- Monitor metrics on the usage of customer facing documents and materials as well as direct customer feedback to prioritize future documentation investments.
- Create and maintain best-in-class customer knowledge base to help end users, administrators and developers understand how to use Comfy solutions.
Your Team Collaboration
- Product & Product Marketing: Understand solutions at every level of detail, including interactions between functions. Keep up to date on new release plans and schedule user documentation updates accordingly.
- Engineering: When required for a greater level of understanding, involve the engineering team.
- Delivery, Customer Success and Support: Keep the CS team apprised of new documentation and modifications; train the team on document updates so they can be clearly articulated to customers.
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a technical field with a focus on English, writing, marketing or communications.
- 5-7+ years of user documentation or technical writing experience.
- Demonstrated experience with a B2B2C, growing enterprise SaaS product is a plus.
- Experience and working knowledge with content management systems and knowledge base platforms.
- Experience with user documentation best practices.
- Strong written and verbal communications and experience working with content in multiple mediums (mobile / online).
- Ability to bring cross functional teams together to complete documentation requirements, creation, review, approval and publishing.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects.
Our Benefits Include
- Market-leading software application centered on improving the workplace experience :)
- Take-what-you-need vacation policy
- Competitive salaries
- Generous medical, dental and vision insurance
- Matching 401k policy
- Frequent team events (costumes optional)
- Independent start-up culture with the backing of a global corporate powerhouse, Siemens
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Building Robotics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.