Of course our sales organization includes our field reps (who sell our leading brands into retail accounts, bars and restaurants across the country) but that barely scratches the surface. Opportunities include roles in forecasting, trade marketing, business and wholesaler development, pricing and promotion analysis and key account management; it’s the strategic side of how we sell our beer. Sales are the backbone of our company—we work hard to get our product in the hands of every one of our target consumers… of legal drinking age of course.
This role will call on a variety of retailers with the highest potential for “Beyond Beer” success. This role will focus on categories such as wine, spirits, seltzers, and non-alcohol with the potential to evolve along with A-B’s Beyond Beer portfolio.
High-energy, self-motivated, and eager to stretch your boundaries. Sound like you? Then a career with Anheuser-Busch as a Business Development Representative could be the perfect fit. Determined to grow Beyond Beer market share, the Business Development Representative is responsible for elevating execution in retail accounts, identifying mutually beneficial business opportunities, and engaging customers through point of sale, shelf assortment, and creative displays at retail accounts, while building relationships with retailers. A key element of the Beyond Beer Business Development Representative is working in tandem with partner Core Sales Representatives, who cover the entire A-B portfolio, to best serve each account and grow its business.
Responsible for managing relationships with an assigned retailer base and partner Sales Representatives to maximize Anheuser-Busch product sales, achieve sales targets, grow volumes, and implement company programs at the retail level.
POSITION PURPOSE & KEY FUNCTIONS:
- Utilize and understand category specific insights, knowledge, and strategy to drive Anheuser-Busch Beyond Beer priorities at retail
- Visit assigned retail accounts to pitch new products, push sales volume, increase distribution of products, and monitor price and shelf space management
- Gain order commitments
- Increase shelf space and positioning in accounts for Anheuser-Busch products
- Attend sales meetings to discuss sales issues, competitive activities, and opportunities to maximize sales efforts
- Represent Anheuser-Busch through promotions and company events
- Deliver territory volume, share, distribution, and margin contribution targets by total territory, sales channel and brand within a specific geography through leveraging commercial resources (brands, programs, systems, etc.)
- Build strong business relationships with key customers and consumer groups, improving customer satisfaction by uncovering, addressing, and servicing customer needs
- Use customer data and analytical capacity to identify business opportunities in the account (i.e. products that are selling faster) and develop tactics to capture these opportunities to the retailer increasing Anheuser-Busch product sales, examples:
- Sell-in new placements and displays
- Increase shelf space and position for A-B products
- Introduce new brands and packages
- Execute changes in price points (within policy) to increase A-B and retailer sales and profitability
- Sell in of price increase strategies
- Plan and execute consumer programming and sales standards ensuring execution excellence of trade execution and POC product placement and assortment, examples:
- Distribution SKUs targets
- Consistent pricing information available to customers (price-tags)
- Accurate signage and trade marketing material in the account
- Ensure proper product/quality freshness and packaging standards in retail
- Identify and leverage business opportunities in current account base (i.e. new products, activation activities, etc.) and with non-buy accounts (i.e. new customers)
- Attend sales/team meetings along with daily interaction with manager to discuss sales issues, competitive activities, and opportunities to maximize sales efforts.
- Execution of call cycle and administrative duties (routine management)
- Manage account level POCM requests that drive AB and retailer sales and profitability
We take a holistic approach to hiring. While the following qualifications provide a benchmark of the skills and experiences that might make a candidate successful, we first and foremost hire people who have the ambition and curiosity to Dream Big, are excited by complex challenges, and have an ownership mentality.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Previous experience in field sales or packaged goods an asset
- Must have your own vehicle, a valid driver’s license, and safe driving record
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours
- Ability to move products, hang merchandise and fulfill other physical requirements including: repetitive lifting, bending and pulling/pushing
- Computer, Microsoft Office proficiency
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented individual
- Time management skills with the ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment
- Influencing and negotiating skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively and professionally at all levels of the organization
- Excellent relationship-building— a “people” person
- Prompt follow-up skills
- Responsive communicator (via call, text, email, etc.)
- Analytical skills and business acumen
- Ability to communicate with diverse retail customers and co-workers (professional/cultural/demographic)
- Coachable—accepts and implements feedback
Anheuser-Busch is here for the times that matter. The moments where we celebrate, defy challenges, dream of the brighter future we are building today– and all the moments in between. We are a company that brings people together for richer conversations, sweeter celebrations and stronger communities.
Challenge Accepted! Apply Today!
For more information, visit www.anheuserbusch.com or follow Anheuser-Busch on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
As the leading global brewer, Anheuser-Busch InBev is committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. It's this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.