Industrial Sales Manager
Horizon Distribution, Inc. is a regional independent distributor of MRO, Safety, and Janitorial/Sanitation products. We specialize in providing solutions to applications in a range of industries including Metal Fabrication/Machine Shops, RV and Manufactured Housing, Oil and Gas, Atomic Energy, Food Processing, Fruit Packing, Utilities and Local, County, State and U.S. Government Agencies throughout the Northwest.
We have a broad inventory mix, a large and efficient distribution center and a highly rated, robust website.
HDI offers a competitive compensation package, incentives, and comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental, Life, and 401k with a company match program. We also provide a company vehicle and cover travel expenses.
“Our mission is to be our customers’ first choice for quality products and services that help them achieve their objectives”
For more information about Horizon Distribution, Inc., please visit www.horizondistribution.com
The primary function of the Industrial Sales Manager is to grow Industrial sales and market share for Horizon Distribution in a fashion consistent with our company’s vision, mission & guiding principles statement. Your objective is to budget and grow Industrial sales while working with our key customers and our industrial sales reps. We are committed to providing service excellence and added value while maintaining the highest level of integrity in all facets of our operation.
At HDI, we work as a team with all areas of our operations to deliver this service excellence. Consistent with this, we should always act as a team when facing the inevitable challenges the marketplace will put before us. As a team member, communication is key to the continuous improvement as we seek to provide top value to our customer base. Therefore, we must develop top quality Industrial sales reps as well as great relationships with our best customers.
Achieve the Industrial Division’s sales and gross margin annual objectives as set by you and our team of sales representatives.
Manage Industrial Sales Team
· Coach, motivate and train sales reps to achieve maximum potential
· Plan and conduct monthly sales meetings
· Jointly establish territory objectives
· Monitor sales reps’ daily, weekly, monthly and annual progress on
o GM $ and %
o New Business
o Growth of existing business
o Growth of vendor business within key buying groups (AD and PRO) or high rebate vendors
o Sale of new vendor programs and/or new products
o Closeout sales
· Train sales reps on how to document value for their key accounts
· Travel with sales reps three to four times annually
o Assess sales reps’ strengths and weaknesses
o Assess territories
o Look for opportunities in new and existing accounts
· Ensure seamless service when outside sales reps are away from their territory (vacations, seminars, etc.)
· Work with other HDI managers to resolve problems and internal obstacles faced by outside sales reps
· Look for opportunities in systems or procedures to assist productivity of outside sales reps
· Assist in emergency customer needs
Develop relationships at all levels with top 20% of accounts that generate 80% of sales
· Conduct annual review of HDI performance with key accounts
· Document and share value provided by HDI
· Train sales reps on how to maximize their use of technology in the sales process (use of HDI website, scanners, spreadsheets, laptops, email, quotes, etc.)
· Look for additional opportunities to expand our market share in each of these accounts
Implement strategic marketing plan to develop new accounts
· Identify potential new markets to serve
o By industry
o By geography
· Develop prospect marketing plan
· Target key accounts
· Monitor progress of new business development in each territory
· Participate in trade shows geared to targeted markets
Represent HDI in contact with vendor reps for vendors related to the Industrial Division
· Review performance and new opportunities with current vendors
· Review new products with existing vendors
· Review new vendors
· Schedule training meetings and joint calls
· Identify and assist in eliminating slow or dead merchandise
· Manage AD vendor marketing plan
· Represent HDI at AD and other applicable conferences
Lead a successful Annual Sales Meeting (February) measured by new opportunities identified and corresponding territory sales increases throughout that calendar year
Participate in HDI’s Annual MBO budgeting and planning meeting and in weekly manager’s meetings
Participate in relevant industrial trade shows (AD, ISA, National Safety, Grainger, etc.)
- Must have three or more years experience as a successful sales manager/leader. Industry related experience is desirable but not required.
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, personable, well organized, and work well
independently and with other team members.
- Proficient working with MS Office, email and researching online.
- College education or equivalent.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel overnight.
Thank you for considering Horizon Distribution as an employer. If interested in learning more about this great opportunity, please respond.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Company car
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Travel reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Sales management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
Willingness To Travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
- Multiple locations