For over 100 years, The Salvation's Army's Adult Rehabilitation Centers have offered spiritual, emotional, and social assistance to those in need. The ARC's NO-FEE programs provide housing, food, counseling, community, and rehabilitation services as we work to combat alcohol and drug dependence for those in our program.
Become the newest member of the ARC Team!
The District Sales Manager is responsible for the operational success of all the respective ARC Thrift Stores and ARC Ecommerce locations within the assigned district. This will include management of personnel; property; marketing; store set-up; back-room processing; and retail operations. The overall goal and expectations are to 1.) drive top line sales and 2.) financially support the ARC program by producing the highest possible margins in each store.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- PERSONNEL AND STAFFING
- Maintain required staffing levels for each Family Store in cooperation with the ARC HR Coordinator, and in accordance with ARC and TSA policies.
- Provide disciplinary action and recommend termination in cooperation with the ARC HR Coordinator, Region Director of Retail and Command Administration in accordance with ARC and TSA policies.
- Train Family Store personnel in accordance with Command guidelines.
- Create and review weekly staffing schedules ensuring the staffing pattern closely follows the hourly and daily sales patterns. Follow up to ensure compliance.
- Recruit, train, and utilize community volunteers appropriately and effectively.
- Hold monthly manager meetings
- FAMILY STORE OPERATION
- Ensure that each Store operates per ARC Command operational standards, and in a manner to be as financially successful as possible.
- Develops strategies to improve customer service, drive store sales and increase profitability as projected by budget and goals set be Command Retail Directors and Command Administration.
- Ensures Customer/Donor needs are met be maintaining good Customer/Donor/Community relations and service is quick and efficient.
- Follow up on all customer complaints in a fair and expeditious manner.
- Setup and ensure efficient backroom processing (BRP) in each designated store.
- BRP (Back Room Processing) – Ensure Material Handlers are working effectively and efficiently to meet daily processing goals as outlined in Material Handler Standard Operating Procedures/Job Description.
- Donation Attendants - Ensure Donation Attendants are working effectively and efficiently as outlined in the Job Description.
- Perform regular (at least weekly) inspections of each Family Store; follow up with all areas out of standard. Inspection should occur at irregular intervals, and should cover opening and closing of the store, as well as various times during the day.
- Ensure timely completion of regular and accurate paperwork. This includes daily store reports, safety reports, time keeping, daily deposits, etc.
- ARC MERCHANDISING STANDARDS
- Ensure that each Store understands and follows the ARC Retail Merchandising Guidelines.
- Check stores inventory on a weekly basis ensuring adequate levels of inventory in each department.
- Ensure timely completion of regular and accurate Inventory Rotation (Rag Out) from the sales floor.
- Drive E-Commerce sales toward the goal of achieving 5% of total District retail sales.
- Ensure that each Ecommerce ARC store performs and follows the ARC Ecommerce Guidelines.
- Check Ecommerce store(s) inventory on a weekly basis to ensure adequate levels of inventory in each department. Partner with District Manager of Operations
- Ensure daily posting goals are met.
- Perform Weekly Inspections of each Ecommerce location; follow up with any irregularities. Inspection should occur at irregular intervals/various times during the day.
- Pre-planning and compliance with all Command or ARC planned (approved) marketing events, sales, etc.
- Ensure all required Marketing Branding Signs and Promotional Signage are current in each Family Store.
- Inform the Regional Director of Retail of any marketing needs, weaknesses, etc., to insure the cost-effective use of ARC & Command advertising dollars.
- STORE PROPERTY
- Regularly inspect the facilities of each Store and its related equipment. Inform the Regional Director of Retail and/or local Store management of all deficiencies. Follow up to make sure all deficiencies are brought up to standard in a timely fashion. This should include windows, lights, interior and exterior paint, signage, doors, fixtures, bathrooms, floorings, backrooms, landscaping, etc.
- Test Family Store equipment regularly to insure it is operating properly. This includes POS systems, telephones, alarms, etc.
- Make sure each Store property is kept clean and orderly both inside and outside.
- Ensure all team members are aware of monthly sales goals. Break down goals by week and by day and ensure all team members are aware of the day’s goals on every store visit. Communicate regularly to the team where stores rank within the District, the Region, and the Command.
- Regularly review actual results vs. budget with each Store Manager.
- Provide analysis of monthly store reports and review these with the Regional Director of Retail and store management. Develop improvement plans, with specific dates to achieve, for all underperforming stores.
- Periodically visit As-Is Auctions ensuring quality product is not being diverted.
- Must always be prepared for ARC Review and maintain review standards.
- May transfer from store to store at the direction of Command Director of Retail and Command Administration.
- Other written or verbal duties as may be assigned by Region Director of Retail; Command Director of Retail and Command Administration.