Rutgers University–New Brunswick took root over 250 years ago. We are the state’s most comprehensive intellectual resource—the flagship campus of Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, as designated by the Association of American Universities. We are the region’s most high-profile public research institution and a leading national research center with a global impact.
University Human Resources (UHR) supports the Rutgers mission as an institution of prominence, preeminent in research, teaching, service, and clinical care. We strive to provide the highest level of customer service in delivering a comprehensive network of programs, services, and expertise to attract, retain, and develop diverse and highly skilled top talent.
The duties of this position will include, but will not be limited to, the following areas of responsibility:
- Collaborates with OneSource leadership and Associate Director to develop overall OneSource strategic plan and growth strategy, and ensure translation of strategy into tangible objectives, targets and actions.
- Ensures all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality and cost-effective service to customers.
- Identifies and incorporates leading practices and innovative approaches and tools for service delivery into OneSource operations.
- Supports the development of OneSource policies and procedures, ensuring that they promote leading practices and comply with relevant laws and regulations.
- Oversees operations of OneSource’s call center, employee self-service and knowledge management functionality.
- Develops and monitors call center performance against service standards and associated KPIs for service quality, accuracy, timeliness, consistency, customer satisfaction, and resource management.
- Monitors inquiry volume, cycle times and other operational metrics to develop call center resourcing plans.
- Prepares monthly reports to monitor and analyze trends in call center inquires and issue resolution, and ensure that necessary actions are taken to maximize service center performance and customer satisfaction.
- Recommends and maintains an organizational structure and staffing levels to accomplish overall OneSource goals and objectives.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities across end-to-end OneSource processes, and lead process and technology driven business process reengineering initiatives.
- Develops and leads recruiting, training, and employee development activities to support the OneSource call center.
- Supervises all HR/Payroll Shared Services Specialists.
- Monitors performance of OneSource employees against pre-determined measures and standards; provide effective and timely feedback to enhance employee performance.
- Creates, fosters, and maintains a collaborative, innovative and customer-focused team culture.
- Leads employee engagement and development initiatives for OneSource employees to enhance job satisfaction and morale.
- Coordinates closely with OneSource leadership team to provide OneSource employees with opportunities for cross training, rotational programs and career progression within OneSource.
Information about the benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of five (5) years of executive or leadership experience with service center\call center operations.
- Team leadership; employee development and training experience.
- Customer account and service management experience.
- KPI design and analytics.
- Experience with case management system design, development and configuration.
- Experience with knowledge management design, development and configuration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to resolve broad scope of issues from both technical and account management perspectives.
- Master’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Ten (10) to twelve (12) years of experience with service center\call center operations; 5+ years of executive-level experience leading service center\call center call operations as part of service delivery model focused on delivering transactional HR and Payroll services to a large, complex, public sector organization.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * <div>Do you have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university?</div>
- * <div>Do you have a minimum of five (5) years of executive or leadership experience with service center\call center operations?</div>
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application