Regarding COVID19:We are currently hiring for all advertised positions! InnovaSystems is deemed an essential service as our products support the Department of Defense and National Security Strategy. To ensure the safety of all current and prospective employees, each step of our interview process will be conducted virtually, the new hire on-boarding & training procedures have been amended to accommodate social distancing guidelines, and we support and have an established teleworking environment to support all company efforts
- Successful applicants will be asked to show proof of their U.S. Citizenship.
At InnovaSystems, extraordinary solutions are born through innovative software.
A leading provider of information technology and enterprise-level solutions to the Department of Defense, federal, state and local government agencies, InnovaSystems delivers a vital service to support our nation s National Security Strategy. We engage organizational effectiveness and readiness resulting in reduced costs, increased effectiveness and accessibility.
As a member of the InnovaSystems team, you will be empowered to do the best work of your career with challenging assignments that solve real-world problems and a steady focus on comprehensive leadership training and career growth.
InnovaSystems International is looking for the right individual to join our rapidly growing enterprise DoD data operations that supports a DoD web application with over 15,000 users entering transactional data that is reported on in real-time and also includes 50 external readiness data sources that come in daily, weekly, and monthly in various formats. The ideal candidate has experience in picking up new subject matter quickly and a willingness to learn and ask questions.
Day to day you will find yourself using tools such as Cognos, SQL Server, Excel and source systems to meet stakeholder and customer needs and accomplish business goals. Other tasks will include the following:
- Develop and implement technical solutions to execute business strategies.
- Develop reports using analytical tools to identify trends, issues, and opportunities.
- Perform ad-hoc queries on the database using IBM Cognos and SQL Server Management Studio.
- Develop reports that meet Senior Leader requirements for executive summary level.
- Create, maintain, and execute scheduled data extracts from the system for downstream customers.
- Maintain consistent, proactive, and timely communication with teammates and other internal stakeholders, particularly in regard to data quality issues, and events that may impact other mission capabilities.
- Provide quality assurance of imported and system transactional data and help to determine cause of irregularities.
- Proactive approach to data analysis and trend monitoring, with a consistent eye toward optimization.
- Collaborate with teammates, internal technical teams, and subject matter experts to build relationships and achieve objectives.
- Work with different teams to help define user requirements, test and implement new systems to support the business.
- 7 years of direct work experience with data management and/or data quality assessment.
- Knowledge of computer programming or statistics and analytical methodologies and processes.
- Understand basic concepts of data flow, data consolidation, change data capture and transformation.
- Skilled at analyzing existing system documentation to summarize existing system functionality.
- Experience engaging with business stakeholders to gather and define requirements.
- Experience with documenting functional and technical requirements.
- Military experience strongly desired
Special Skills or Training:
- Demonstrated proficiency with the following tools, platforms, and languages or others similar to them: SQL, Python, R, RStudio, Linux, and IBM COGNOS.
- BS in CS or Engineering plus 6 years experience OR Bachelors Degree plus 8 years of experience OR 12 years direct Database Analyst experience
- *Approximately 90% of work must be performed on-site in our office environment.*
- *This position requires the employee to be in the office 4 Days a week*
- *Flexible schedule allows for four (4) ten (10) hour workdays*
Due to the nature of our business, the candidate must hold an Active DoD issued Secret Security Clearance upon hire.
Benefits & Culture
When you join our team, we are committed to enhancing your skills through training and certification programs, as needed, to facilitate your role on the team. Opportunities for advancement and variety are offered through the various projects we create and build for our customers and careers can take on a leadership path or progressive technical track through career and succession planning. At InnovaSystems, we embrace a philosophy of continuous performance management, including relationship building, feedback and recognition and we provide the leadership training and software tools to support these concepts.
Our comprehensive employee benefits offerings include:
- Flexible schedule
- Technical and Leadership Training
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 3 weeks (120 hours) of paid leave annually - hours increase after 3 years of service
- 401k Plan w/ company match
- Comprehensive benefit package to include health, dental, vision and supplemental insurance plans
- Onsite Gym/Workout Facilities (depending on location)
- Social Events
InnovaSystems is a proud supporter of community organizations including; Challenged Athletes Foundation (CAF), Support the Enlisted Program (STEP), and Salvation Army
InnovaSystems International is an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.