Chemily is an internationally recognized reagent supplier and contract research organization specialized in glycobiology and related products. Commensurate to the rapidly growing product portfolio spanning glycans, glycoconjugates, enzymes, sugar nucleotides, dNTPs and mRNA therapeutic building blocks, we seek a highly motivated and experienced person to the role of General Sales Manager. This role will assume the responsibility of quickly accelerating the current sales and generating new sales lead for an exponential growth in line with companies’ production capabilities. To be successful, the General Manager of Sales will do the following:
· As a General Manager of company’s whole product portfolio, person is expected to lead company's planning and execution of strategies to increase sales and company growth.
· Expectations to "hit the ground running" to promote immediate sales to existing & new accounts
· Responsible to lead the development and execution of a comprehensive sales strategy with the support of the marketing department.
· Drive revenue growth through the management of the sales team to focus on customer and client expansion, territory growth, account penetration, product differentiation and sales team development to achieve revenue goals as assigned.
· Oversee all commercial marketing efforts, both internally and externally.
· Own and report on all key metrics to monitor ROI on all sales and client service departmental activities.
· Responsible for negotiations and securing contracts with key accounts, as well as manage ongoing contracts.
· Drive and manage interaction of the sales team with key accounts by facilitating communication, tracking milestones, and identifying scope for enhancing these relationships.
· Attend, manage and follow up on trade show activities
· Lead, coach, and mentor the Sales team
· Accountable for effective sales department organizational design, including sales job roles, sales resource deployment, compensation, and department goals.
· Communicate cross functionally to ensure seamless execution of the sales department needs and provide interdepartmental feedback for continuous improvement
· Be the customer and market advocate to the internal organization
· Interface with Business and Market Development to ensure that appropriate product, market, and competitive information is shared in an accurate and timely manner
- Excellent communication, presentation, interaction, listening & computer skills
- Ability to communicate/collaborate with colleagues/suppliers of other nationalities
- International business experience including chemical distribution, logistics & regulatory knowledge is a significant plus
- Extensive pre-existing biopharmaceutical industry contacts preferred
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with existing and prospective contacts, strong commercial and customer focus
- Other responsibilities may be assigned based on company needs and growth
Work location: Company location in Atlanta, GA. But position can be remote with occasional office visits
This position will report to the Chief Executive Officer and have oversight for the Sales and Client Services Departments.
Education and/or Experience
· Bachelor's degree (B.S.) required in Business Administration, or biological science or related discipline
· Ten or more years in progressively responsible roles within a sales environment; 3-5 years as a senior sales leader with a proven track record of rapid revenue growth.
· Prior experience in selling or understanding of pharmaceutical intermediates and /or biologics
· Understanding of the drug development, mRNA vaccine research/biotechnology industry
· Demonstrated ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
· Demonstrated ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
· Demonstrated ability to effectively present information to top management, staff, public groups, and/or boards of directors
· Strong written communication skills and ability to communication to all levels of audiences
· Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to coach and mentor both direct reports and others within the organization
· Excellent conflict resolution skills and ability to deliver transparent feedback
· Commitment to transparency, integrity and professionalism
· Master's degree in business administration or biological sciences
· Preferred experience includes Managing of multifunctional teams in a relevant industry such as biologics, cell and gene therapy, blood banking or pharmaceutical
Benefits & Features:
· Highly competitive base salary with significant sales incentive/bonus potential is expected. Compensation and benefits can be negotiated based on the experience, remote work, and full time or part time preferences
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $151,274.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Sales Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- Temporarily due to COVID-19