The Field Sales Representative (FSR) will manage and build distributor relationships, educate and motivate distributor reps to gain new distribution, build volume in existing accounts, execute at the chain level within an assigned territory. The ideal candidate is a goal-oriented, revenue-focused individual who can quickly establish relationships for a growth-oriented sales strategy. The candidate will manage distributor/Bottler business results in the Coca Cola Operating Unit assigned region/district and be responsible for the success of the company in that respective territory. This will be accomplished through effective distributor management skills, solid market execution skills and the ability to develop strong relationships.
In addition to observing the standards of conduct required of all Company employees, the responsibilities of the FSR include but not limited to: • Aggressively identifying, targeting and sampling existing and potential accounts, both individually and in partnership with distributors, in order to maximize shelf space allocated and product offerings carried within an assigned territory. • Training distributors’ sales representatives and newly hired FSR personnel as required on product knowledge and Company sales methodologies, procedures and current promotions. • Attending distributor meetings on a regular basis. • Ensuring that distributors’ merchandising personnel adequately service accounts based on sales achieved and shelf/floor space obtained by FSR. • Maximize the sale and distribution of all company products in the assigned region through the establishment and appropriate execution of local and national sales programs. • Coordinating marketing crew drive activities in various locations in and outside of an assigned territory. • Providing reports on day-to-day sales activities and results as required by Company and providing necessary back-up to support sales and bonus programs objectives. • Develop, manage and/or maximize partnerships to drive improved performance use objective tools, information and feedback in order to establish region and area performance goals and results. • Ensure the Sales Team understands and adheres to Company standards and operating procedures • Apply a sales strategy to target key markets and establish a dominant presence in the Territory; execute promotional programs and activities with key partners • Arranging for regular vehicle maintenance and record keeping of that maintenance as well as ensuring that the vehicle is kept clean and well-organized to provide for a professional product and Company image. • Manage sales forecasts and budgets to achieve established goals to deliver profitable growth for assigned Operating Unit
Management maintains the right to add or change the duties of this position at any time.
- Manage sales reporting obligations in a timely manner to include frequent sales updates, pricing surveys, etc.
- Establishing/maintaining a direct line of communication to ALL levels of the assigned distributor(s). - i.e. sales, merchandising, distribution/drivers, cooler services, admin
- Sales experience and/or willingness to engage in sales training.
- Basic computer operating skills in and outside of an office environment to include handheld devices.
- Solid organizational and time management abilities, along with the ability to act independently.
- Ability to drive and maintain an assigned Company vehicle and to travel to and within territories as assigned. Occasional travel outside the assigned territory may be required.
- Be at least 21 years of age and have and maintain an acceptable driving record in order to be covered by the Company’s insurance carrier.
- Excellent at managing time, priorities and expenses
- Ability to perform physical activities required by the job duties including occasionally lifting and moving up to 65 pounds individually and greater weights with assistance; ability to bend, stretch, stoop, climb, and perform other physical acts associated with selling, demonstrating, and marketing product in an assigned territory.
- Flexibility to travel as needed
- Proven knowledge of Wholesalers, distributor and retail customers. Ability to establish good relationships and credibility with customers and wholesalers; ability to collaborate at all levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent at managing time, priorities and expenses.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)