Principal/Sr Manager – Analytics and Data Product
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
You will be a great fit for this role if you have a passion towards analytics, building great tech products, storytelling, and a deep experience in customer experience (CXS) domain. You will be responsible for creating and driving a product vision for the data and analytics products that help the CXS organization. You will engage closely with VMware leadership across Customer Success Operations and Products, Analytics, data engineering, Master data management and C-Suite executives
What is primary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for?
You will be the go-to person for the CXS stakeholders for building analytics products. You’ll work with a high-performing team of analysts and data scientists to drive design to delivery of the analytics and data product capabilities
You are someone who can understand the need and the process to deliver an analytics or data product.
Success in the Role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- You’ll be responsible for driving a product vision for the data and analytics products that help the CXS organization, partnering with the product leadership, stakeholders and a global team of data scientists and analysts
- You will be expected to engage closely with Customer Transformation/Digital Platform, Customer Success Operations and Product teams, Analytics leaders, Data engineering, Master data management team, Franchise product managers and executive leadership using your creative, technical, strategic, and process-oriented skillset toward executing high-impact user experiences and delivering value through enabling decision making
- Own and manage stakeholder engagements to assess key pain points and work with the team to drive execution
- You will enable the team with the right information and details to ensure execution against the product roadmap
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
You will work closely with stakeholders/product team to define features and functionalities required on the analytics products. You are someone who can partner with a high performing set of data scientists and analysts to deliver against the roadmap. You will define product requirements, set priorities, and help prioritize backlogs for the team. You will convert the product requirements into great user stories that helps drive agile delivery. You will communicate the product roadmap and progress to the stakeholders. You’ll deeply understand the business and proactively spot risks and opportunities working with business partners. You are someone who can understand the analytics design to deployment lifecycle, preferably in a product environment. You will plan for and drive continuous improvement in a robust and agile manner. You will be a strong storyteller to communicate effectively with executives. You will help the team to perform well under ambiguity with integrity and collaboration across multiple teams.
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
You will be part of the Enterprise Data & Analytics (EDA) team at VMware. EDA is headed by Wendy Batchelder. Under EDA, our team would come under Analytics & Insights (A&I) practice headed by our Seema Singhal - Head of Analytics and Insights, Senior Director. The A&I team is responsible across VMware in driving actionable insights through path breaking analytics products.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Healthy and local inspired snacks in all our pantries
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Data Science
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-07-19
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.