Located in beautiful downtown Vancouver, British Columbia, the Pan Pacific Vancouver is a luxurious Canadian iconic hotel towering over the Pacific Ocean with 23 stories of architectural beauty. The waterfront property eloquently boasts panoramic views of the harbour, mountains, Stanley Park and the city skyline, like no other in the city. One of Vancouver’s leading hotels, the Pan Pacific Vancouver consists of 503 spacious guest rooms, over 42,000 square feet of event space, and offers a wide selection of modern hotel amenities including two waterfront restaurants.
We are currently recruiting for a sales driven individual to join our team as a Sales Manager, for the Tour & Travel and Entertainment market segments. Under the guidance of our Director of Sales this position oversees and co-directs all aspects of the sales functions for these market segments of the hotel. The role requires a strong knowledge and working experience within the Tour & Travel market. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the maintenance of existing accounts, development and qualification of new accounts, establishment and maintenance of revenue goals, and active participation in trade and association related organizations.
You are an enthusiastic sales individual with a ‘can-do’ attitude. You are a strong communicator and work well with guests and colleagues. You enjoy prospecting, are motivated by a challenge, and are hungry for the next sales win. Your strong networking and relationship building skills, combined with your attention to detail, set you up for success.
We are an enthusiastic, driven and seasoned team who takes pride in what we do. We work hard and value a team approach to provide the best guest service. We not only create memories for our guests, but for our employees too, and have fun at various team building activities throughout the year. Pan Pacific Vancouver offers competitive compensation including a comprehensive benefits package and pension plan, hotel perks and a positive and enjoyable work environment.
The key responsibilities of the Sales Manager include but are not limited to:
- Account Management of ongoing client relations with Tour & Travel and Entertainment accounts. Must be exceptional in maintaining long term relationships.
- Business Development of new Tour & Travel and Entertainment accounts.
- Create and implement market specific strategies that are in alignment with our annual Business Plan & Hotel Budget.
- Ensure weekly & monthly individual sales activity goals (Prospecting, Sales Calls, Entertainment, Sites, FAMs), and Room Revenue targets are achieved.
- Practice thorough account qualification on a consistent basis (i.e., understanding budget requirements, past history, date flexibility, space requirements, competitive information, etc.).
- By carefully monitoring pace reports, will be expected to create, promote and implement promotions for Tour and Travel accounts to increase tour volumes during need periods, while also monitoring tour trends in order to anticipate future business opportunities.
- Identify business trends and marketing opportunities that can improve hotel performance. Identify clients who would have business that would fit in the Hotel’s need periods.
- Create excellent guest and client relationship through attention to detail; follow through with a personalized touch, empathy for clients; learn their needs and wants and responds in a timely manner.
- Responsible for all contract negotiations.
- Attend tradeshows and networking events in order to connect with Tour Operators and Entertainment Agents, ensuring the Pan Pacific Vancouver is visible and professionally presented.
- Be the hotels representative at the Vancouver Hotel Destination Association committee meetings for Tour and Travel. Share market intelligence obtained through client interactions.
- Support the development of the annual Business Plan and Hotel Budget as requested by the Director of Sales.
- Complete projects and assignments from the Director of Sales as required.
The successful candidate will be a committed, results-driven sales professional that has the ability to build strong relationships, and can deliver on goals through skilled negotiations with new and existing clients. This position will require the candidate to work independently and within a team environment and will be a strong communicator.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
- Minimum two (2) years as a Sales Manager within the Hotel industry with a proven track record of achieving room and revenue goals.
- Previous experience working with the Tour and Travel and Entertainment market segment is an asset.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university, college or hotel school an asset or equivalent level of education and work experience.
- Excellent oral & written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excel in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Strong negotiating and presentation skills, detail oriented, multi-tasker, highly organized and possess a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Experience with creating proposals for groups, negotiating long term contracts, knowledge of group & FIT contracts; including the ability to explain the contract clauses to the end user.
- Must have the flexibility to incorporate travel, evening and weekend work into their lifestyle; must have valid driver’s license and vehicle.
- Computer Skills - Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including an intermediate level of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, internet and data base applications. Experience using hotel programs – Opera, is an asset. Understanding of Channel Managers an asset.
- “Serving It Right” Certificate required.
Job Type: Full-time