ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated, and pragmatic problem solver to serve at the Senior Corporate Counsel level supporting enterprise sales for ServiceNow. This is a great opportunity to work on cutting-edge issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment, and be part of a team. This is a full-time position and is based in our headquarters in the Santa Clara office.
What you get to do in this role:
- Lead legal negotiations in complex enterprise SaaS customer sales transactions with thoughtful and practical business and legal advice to that meet the company’s requirements under its policies, including those for risk tolerance
- Collaborate with finance, sales operations, deal desk, product operations, support, security and other business units at all levels throughout the organization to ensure that agreements adequately protect the company’s interests
- Identify, draft, and explain agreement terms and associated risks to business stakeholders and interpret contract requirements, obligations and risk assessment or exposure and advise accordingly
- Support the continuous improvement of standard forms of agreement and legal processes
- Be a trusted business partner, responding in a timely and productive manner to requests from internal customers
- Stay up-to-date on relevant industry, commercial and other laws, regulations, and developments to be able to give the most effective advice
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Undergraduate degree and law degree from highly-regarded schools
- Active membership in at least one U.S. State bar
- At least 8+ years’ relevant experience at a major law firm and in-house, including negotiating technology agreements
- A strong negotiator who can partner with the sales team to lead the transactional process from beginning-to-end, provide practical, timely, and solution-oriented advice, and efficiently bring deals to a favorable close
- Exceptional critical thinking abilities, who possesses strong business acumen and excellent business judgment; must be able to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and pivot between responsibilities in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to distill complex issues clearly and communicate well both one-on-one and in groups, and in internal and external contexts
- Proficient drafting and legal technical skills, with keen attention to detail
- Firm understanding of revenue recognition principals
- A team player who knows how to get things done
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and enthusiasm will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.