We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we've been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it's more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
The market & competitive intelligence function plays a crucial role in shaping Instacart's strategy and leadership's understanding of the business environment. This is a rare opportunity to be a valued influencer in a dynamic and high-growth company.
As a member of the corporate development team, your insights will be foundational to all aspects of Instacart's M&A strategy, including identifying growth drivers, expansion opportunities, and acquisition candidates. You will also be a key cross-functional partner, supporting product, finance, engineering, and business operations teams with data, insights, and strategic recommendations. The ideal candidate is intellectually curious, data-driven, and able to balance highly-convicted thinking with humility and empathy for diverse viewpoints.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Serve as an industry expert, forming deep insights into Instacart and its competitors. Craft strategic recommendations to maximize value and navigate a highly-dynamic operating environment
- Translate data into actionable insights. Build dashboards and financial models to track Instacart and peer performance. Design intuitive visualizations to storytell and influence with data
- Effectively communicate strategic recommendations to business leaders
- Serve as a cross-functional partner and key point of contact for any competitive and market data sought by product, operations, finance, marketing, and engineering teams
- Play a key role in shaping the vision and mandate for an early and growing market intelligence function
- 5-10+ years experience in market intelligence, corporate strategy, consulting, or equity research
- Strategic thinker able to "see around corners", synthesize insights from disparate data sources, and form convicted, high-accountability recommendations
- Experience in analytics and financial modeling, including advanced spreadsheet skills and proficiency in any data visualization tool (e.g. Tableau, Periscope, Looker, PowerBI). Experience with SQL, R, and Python a plus
- Strong communication skills. Ability to map complex ideas to clear and action-oriented language to maximize influence and buy-in. Strong listening skills and ability to work with senior leaders to understand their goals and objectives
- Positive, do-what-it-takes-attitude. Desire to be a supportive and proactive business partner across the organization