Studio Manager (SM) Job Description
As a Studio Manager, you will be responsible for providing leadership and daily direction to the sales and group personal training teams in our facilities. This critical position must have a solid understanding of sales and operational excellence. As the lead for the sales function, the SM must execute a lead generation / marketing strategies plan to increase fitness program sales as well as promote the health and wellness benefits that are associated with a healthy lifestyle. This leader must pose a high caliber approach to coaching and staff development.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
1. Properly managing and exceeding all OTF sales and operational budgets
2. Lead and coordinate initial and ongoing sales drivers (pre-sale events, studio events, outreach)
3. Responsible for overseeing the sales process and systems
4. Manage, monitor, coach-develop and evaluate the performance of all OTF-related managers and staff
5. Compliance and adherence to OTF Business Policies for daily studio operations
6. Monitor the hiring, training and scheduling of all OTF studio staff
7. Responsible for recruiting and on-boarding all new OTF employees
8. Build and maintain OTF class size through scheduling optimization
9. Develop a high energy culture through contests and incentive-based motivation
10. Model all studio activities through self-involvement (leading by example)
11. Train and mentor subordinates for ongoing success and future growth
12. Ensure OTF branding through consistency and continuity in all actions
13. Properly empower, monitor and evaluate specifically assigned responsibilities of sales team and fitness team
14. Manage disciplinary actions involving all OTF studio employees
15. Responsible for meeting performance metrics (KPI’s), revenue, ordering, inventory, payroll, cost controls and facilities maintenance
16. Be promotions oriented and have the ability to direct sales through company required outreach programs
- Responsible for 30-60-90 and annual OTF staff performance reviews.
- Enforce OTF corporate policies, business practices, systems and processes.
- Ensures that all front desk systems are followed such as proper Member Check-In, Telephone Inquiries (general and sales related), Guest Registration, cash handling, delinquent account procedures, customer care calls, change requests and document scanning
- Provide and maintain the highest level of customer service
- Provide effective decision-making regarding customer service issues
- Plan and promote special events for the studio on a monthly basis, using OTF tools for effective outreach and community involvement.
- Responsible for ensuring that the facility is clean, maintained and operationally sound.
- Proven sales leadership REQUIRED!
- Must possess excellent leadership and management skills to create a positive, successful environment for staff and clients
- Min 2-3 years of previous sales experience required
- Min 2-3 years of management experience required, including directly overseeing all aspects of staff management from hiring, training, supporting, discipline, and termination
- Previous management experience in the health & fitness industry strongly recommended
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and professional demeanor
- Solid verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to multi-task and manage client and staff concerns
- Strong computer skills required with knowledge of MS office programs (Excel, Word)
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in business or related field with 3+ years of management experience preferred
- Ability to work and function in a TEAM environment
- Flexible to work day, evening and/or weekend hours as needed
- Health & Fitness minded people with a passion for fitness strongly preferred