Title: Partner Regional Sales Manager
Location: Splunk Office; Plano, TX, Boulder, CO or Tampa, FL
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our solutions and seek to deliver the most possible value for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you want to make an impact and help us change the way companies make business decisions? If your answer is "yes" we have a home for you at Splunk. In this role you will grow a named account, partner driven business with an account set of existing customers and new prospects. You build a go to market plan focused upon self-generated and partner generated opportunities to create new discovery meetings to better understand pains and needs. You then will use your sales, negotiation and collaboration skills to solution and close accounts with channel partners for Splunk's award-winning On -Prem and Cloud Solutions. You will work with business partners to create differentiated value propositions, compelling solutions positioning, drive local reach and enable a high degree of transactional velocity
You will meet/exceed assigned revenue goals working with a virtual team of Systems Engineers, Business Development, Field Marketing and members of your external channel ecosystem, including VAR’s, Cloud Service Providers, Managed Service Providers, Managed Security Service Providers and Systems Integrators. You will follow up on leads, perform deep discovery, use product demos for qualified opportunities and drive the technical validation process with your business partner. You know how to work "smarter" not harder and drive standard methodologies to ensure successes to win as a team. In addition, you will also successfully:
Work with and support Channel Partners to create net new logo opportunities in prospects and upgrade/expansion opportunities in customer accounts.
- Drive the business by building and developing account relationships through personalized contact, understanding of account’s needs, and ability to communicate the value of Splunk Solutions in conjunction with the assigned Channel Partner on the account/opportunity.
- Accurately forecast opportunities based upon realistic assessments and partner insights while consistently delivering against that forecast
- Running and collaborating with channel partners on sales campaigns and motions that build customer value and enable Multi-Year, Multi-Solution transactions.
- 3+ years of experience in selling enterprise IT software solutions (BI, data analytics, security software, enterprise applications, business processing outsourcing, risk management software or networking performance) or 5-7 years in outside B2B sales or technology/business consulting.
- Experience in working in a Metrix Sales Environments where Channel Partners are a key component to the success of the opportunity and customer.
- Utilize a defined Sales Methodology (re: MEDDPICC, MEDDIC, Sandler, SPIN) for business needs/business pain understanding
- Successful experience running the entire sales cycle from start to finish and being responsible for your own quota or have created new revenue streams with accounts.
- Strong reputation of exceeding sales quota (you are in the top 10%-20% on your sales team/organization) or billable hours.
- You have successfully led and drove the sales process (this is not an overlay or team quota).
- Consultative sales experience targeting relevant companies/businesses to help them to think differently about Data
- Successful in finding and uncovering opportunities with net new and existing accounts, via creative prospecting tactics and hunting activities
- Consistent track record of using a repeatable sales process for successful deal Finding, Engaging, Running and Closing
- Highly motivated and professional, with excellent verbal, communication, presentation and social skills
- A rational, logical and analytical thinker
- You have shown strong technical aptitude and passionate about technology sales.
- Strong computer skills – CRM system, Word, Excel, Powerpoint….Salesforce.com a plus
- Excellent listening skills with the attested ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Self-starter able to work independently but also a giving member of a team
- Willingness and Desire to learn new things and ways to be more efficient and effective
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Commute daily to our Splunk office (not a remote position and we are only able to consider those that are local) and visiting your territory 1-3x per quarter
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.