Business Development Manager – works to develop new and potential accounts within a defined territory for ABM which includes Janitorial and Parking. This person works with prospective clients to explore the strengths and weaknesses of their current service program, and works with a team of operators to develop and implement an effective sales strategy for either an individual or a bundled solution. The BDM owns the strategic selling process and communicates value to resolve the client’s issues. This person is responsible for the orchestration of the sales process, including the implementation and transition process for new business
- Develop and execute a variety of comprehensive sales plans, both long and short term, to sell new business.
- Own the information base on prospective clients.
- Write proposals that are detailed, innovative, lively and customer-oriented.
- Achieve new sales goals by managing and directing the sales process.
- Effectively identify and qualify prospective customers.
- Develop an extensive knowledge of the company’s programs.
- Develop a quality proposal that meets and exceeds customer’s desires.
- Think and plan strategically and work effectively with the operations teams to achieve the budgeted results.
- Negotiate contracts and manage the transition process to ensure the proposal commitments are delivered.
- Consistently uphold ABM’s corporate image, specifically in the creation and use of services, promotional materials and events.
- Help build and secure the ABM brand and image. Always represent the company in a professional, positive manner, and consistently maintain an appropriate level of confidentiality.
- Establish and maintain a diverse web of relationships, extending to influential people within our industry. The sphere of influence should also include key community partners and strategic partners, as well as prospective clients.
- Maintain a thorough and detailed database for the territory.
- Participate in trade shows, both regional and national
- Effectively manage the assigned budget.
Additional Responsibilities may include the following tasks…
- Support the company’s online and direct marketing campaigns.
- Monitor the products and services offered by competitors and their sales activity.
- Assist in training in both formal and informal situations as needed.
- Support regional retention efforts as needed.
- Develop a network of skilled operators to assist in the information gathering and program determination steps of the sales process.
- Assist the corporation with competitive intelligence.
- Provide support for the retention effort when requested.
- Three to five years of business development sales experience.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required.
- Experience in facility services, commercial real estate, or other related field a plus.
- Strong presentation skills and communication.
- Build relationships with existing and new clients to maintain present sales and to facilitate add-on business and services.
- Represent Company at local or regional conferences or at National meetings and trade organizations.
- Able to work well under pressure to meet established goals.
- Proven ability to lead and manage a diverse work force.
- Ability to collaborate with other individuals, departments and teams.
- Strong ability to write compelling, detailed sales proposals.
- Must be well organized and able to handle multiple proposals and processes simultaneously.
- Computer literacy including competence in SalesForce.com, Microsoft applications and web-based applications.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Communication, both written and verbal.
- Good time management skills.
- Must be organized.
- Proven negotiation skills.