Ingram Content Group (ICG)is hiring a Shipping Specialist to contribute to our Lightning Source team in La Vergne, TN.
Want to join a key team that helps the world read?
At Ingram, the Operations team serves a key role within the organization. We ensure that our distribution centers and warehouse facilities function at maximum efficiency. Safety is a core value in our distribution environment. We emphasize this through training, education and accident prevention programs. Process Improvement is another core value, and through innovations such as voice and Radio Frequency (RF) technologies, as well as feedback from our associates, we work toward constant improvement.
The world is reading, and it is our goal to connect as many people to the content they want in the simplest ways. If you want to be part of a customer-centric team that strives for excellence, collaboration, innovation, we can’t wait to meet you!
What You'll Need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 yr Shipping Experience
What You’ll Do
- Acts as subject matter expert utilizing proficient skills in all Sortation/Packing/Shipping duties
- Works to meet daily departmental goals through interaction with Shipping associates, Shipping Lead and Supervisor
- Coordinates associates with the Shipping Lead and Supervisor to maximize Shipping Department productivity by shifting labor within the department according to workload.
- Trains associates are properly and ensures they are following operational procedures in the Shipping Department
- Ensures that Shipping associates are performing required quality checks on all books based on LSI’s quality standards.
- Monitors the conveyor line for inbound totes and assigns batches to stations as needed.
- Actively tracks down and closes out TAT as well as priority orders
- Communicates with EDI, IT, CS and Transportation departments on resolving order issues
- Complete all orders waiting on damages and reworks, and daily closing out of shipments
- Monitors Batch summary report for orders in a Sorted or In Packing status.
- Monitors associate performance and provides feedback to the associate, Shipping Lead and Supervisor
Why You Should Apply
- Onsite food & refreshments available for purchase
- Overtime available during peak season $$$
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Casual Dress Code
- Convenient Location in South Jackson
C Shift: Sun-Tues 7pm-7am + every other Saturday 7pm-7am
The world is reading and Ingram Content Group (“Ingram”) connects people with content in all forms. Providing comprehensive services for publishers, retailers, libraries and educators, Ingram makes these services seamless and accessible through technology, innovation and creativity. With an expansive global network of offices and facilities, Ingram’s services include digital and physical book distribution, print-on-demand, and digital learning. Ingram Content Group is a part of Ingram Industries Inc. and includes Ingram Book Group LLC, Ingram Publisher Services LLC, Lightning Source LLC, VitalSource Technologies LLC, Ingram Library Services LLC, and Tennessee Book Company LLC.
Ingram Content Group LLC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
- EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled
- We participate in EVerify.
- EEO Poster in English
- EEO Poster in Spanish