We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we've been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it's more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
We are searching for a qualified and experienced Senior Revenue Analyst to join our New Business and Process Improvement team. This is a crucial role that will assist in providing functional and technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, and implementing processes and procedures to help solve complex business problems in revenue recognition and revenue accounting. The candidate will be driving configuration changes while continuously improving and optimizing our existing accounting systems and processes. The applicant should expect to leverage current skill sets while also focusing on learning quickly and adding value to the current processes.
ABOUT THE JOB
What you will do:
- You will identify and prioritize transformation opportunities, particularly in revenue accounting, settlement reconciliation, and revenue analytics. Communicating the value proposition of these initiatives to enable teams to shift their focus toward high value activities.
- You will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop end-to end solutions, strategize on how to execute on these transformation efforts, and measure their impact.
- You will collaborate with the Revenue Accounting team to diagnose problems and solve the reasons behind the problems.
- You will partner on the roadmap with the Financial System team and other cross functional teams as we identify transformation opportunities.
- You will partner with IT to evaluate and help implement digital technologies that improve operational effectiveness across revenue accounting processes.
- You will design/implement features and models that will help accounting accelerate the month-end close process.
- You will build dashboards for revenue team metrics for flux analysis.
- You will audit and assess the validity of data and recommend system and/or business process changes to improve data integrity.
- You will help document product requirements for accounting and test application of new company products and programs in the order to cash process.
What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- Good understanding of business processes with large data sets, and revenue recognition.
- 5+ years of experience with ASC606 policies on revenue, allocations, contract mods, costs with respect to ASC606
- Data query utility for data extractions
- Solves highly complex problems by working with cross-functional teams from IT and business across regions
- Good influencing, facilitating, and consulting skills in working with stakeholders across business functions.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, take ownership of work products, and improve processes.
- Self-motivated and able to work on critical tasks independently and as a member of a team.
- Bachelor's degree or master's degree in Accounting, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Advanced experience with MS Excel (Power Query, Power Pivot).
- SQL database experience required, including database management and query design.
- Experience with Oracle Cloud is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communications, presentation and influencing skills, including the ability to raise issues appropriately to the right level internally and externally to resolve.