Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. (“Sorrento”, NASDAQ: SRNE) is a rapidly growing mid-cap biopharmaceutical company based in San Diego focused on oncology, non-opioid pain, and infectious disease. At its core, Sorrento is an antibody-centric company with the capability to rapidly screen, select, and engineer potent antibodies for the development of treatments and diagnostics.
Sorrento was founded in 2009 by Dr. Henry Ji, who invented and developed the G-MAB™ library, one of the largest and most diverse fully human antibody libraries in the industry. This G-MAB library has been leveraged in the fight against SARS-CoV-2 to develop both diagnostics and treatments with a vision to “Detect Early and Treat Timely™”.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Lead marketing efforts to successfully commercialize Sorrento’s emerging diagnostics portfolio (COVISTIX™, COVITRACE™, COVITRACK™, RESPISTIX™) while building capabilities for the Sorrento Diagnostics Business Unit. This role has single point accountability for marketing the Sorrento Diagnostics portfolio with the potential to grow quickly in responsibility.
COVISTIX is a highly sensitive rapid antigen test for detecting SARS-CoV-2 that has demonstrated superior sensitivity at low levels of detection. Sorrento is also building a a robust pipeline of additional diagnostic tests, including COVITRACK (SARS-CoV-2 antibody serology test), COVITRACE (RT-LAMP colorimetric test for SARS-COV-2), and RESPISTIX (multiplexed SARS-CoV-2 and Flu A/B test). With Sorrento’s capability to rapidly screen and develop highly selective and potent antibodies, it is committed to being a leader in pandemic preparedness, bringing accurate, simple, and low-cost diagnostics to address current and future public health biothreats.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Successfully plan and launch Sorrento diagnostic tests in Point Of Care (POC) and at-home markets.
- Conduct market landscape assessment and develop full launch strategies for new diagnostic products. Deliverables include building a cohesive Sorrento Diagnostics Portfolio Brand Strategy and Brand Book for the US.
- Be the voice of the customer, providing expertise in the category and competitive landscape, and provide direction to cross functional program team on market needs and requirements.
- Perform market research, product positioning, and pricing exercises to create or identify competitive advantages.
- Identify, assess and prioritize POC targets, manage key relationships, and put contracts in place for the first phase of launch.
- Build consistent, compelling marketing collateral to support first phase of launch for POC and at-home market use.
- Work with program team and senior leadership to assess opportunities, prioritize resources, and advance Sorrento’s “next launch” COVID-19 diagnostics.
- Responsible for marketing budgets and financial reporting for the Diagnostics Business Unit.
- Responsible for ensuring the team follows all SOP’s (Doc Control, Promotional Review Committee, etc.).
- Vision and leadership to build necessary capabilities and team for Sorrento Diagnostics Business Unit.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science (Prefer Technical Degree with Diagnostics Launch Experience).
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in marketing and/or sales of diagnostic products (Prefer experience with lateral flow diagnostics and infectious diseases).
- Experience developing and executing the successful launch of a diagnostic product, including brand management, account management (contract negotiations) and distribution.
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory and legal guidance for the advertising and promotion of of diagnostic products.
- A team player who works effectively with other functions to solve problems in a way that meets both quality objectives and business goals.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Communicates proactively and effectively. Able to present to senior leadership audiences with concise/relevant summaries.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills. Detail-focused with ability to multitask effectively and work efficiently within a strict timeline-driven environment.
- Have fun! Collaborate and lead team while developing life-changing diagnostic solutions for patients.
- Earn a competitive salary that allows you to focus your attention on your passion.
- A comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, matching 401k, company paid holidays, and Flexible PTO, plus stock options.
If this sounds like the right career to fit your personality and interests, please apply, we’re looking forward to meeting you!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer