If you’re looking for a special place to build or grow your career, you’ve found it. Whether you’re an experienced professional, a recent college graduate or somewhere in between, IDEX is a place where you can apply your existing skills and learn new ones in an environment where you can make an impact.
With interesting opportunities in engineering, marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, HR, finance, and more across more than 40 diverse businesses around the globe, chances are, we have something special for you.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
As the Key Account Manager - Analytical Instruments, you will drive sustained profitable sales growth in your assigned accounts. The territory for this role is the western part of the US in the Analytical Instrumentation market. You will develop, manage, and guide sales activities; create, review and update strategic plans; monitor and modify the strategy as required based upon the technology, product, geopolitical, market, or competitive forces. A significant part of the role is to constant investment in developing wider and deeper relationships with key functional decision markers in your assigned accounts.
You will utilize our CRM (Salesforce.com) for accurate recording of all critical customer information and maintain timely forecasting information.
- Strategic Account Plan
- Develop and execute actions defined in the strategic account plan for assigned key accounts.
- Provide updates of the relevant results, progress, and status in MSR (monthly sales review), monthly key account review, and quarterly key account review.
- Lead/coordinate IH&S cross-functional teams to support the assigned key account sales and new project development activities.
- Constantly focus on building strong relationships with leadership, RD&E, and procurement functions at the assigned account.
- Consistent Year-over-Year Sales Growth in assigned key account and territory.
- Existing products into existing markets and applications.
- New products into existing markets and applications.
- New products for new markets and applications.
- Work with assigned accounts to obtain their forecast info on monthly basis. Analyze, summarize, and provide accurate forecasts to internal teams.
- Responsible for building the Annual Operation Plan (AOP) for assigned key accounts and territories through working with finance and business line teams.
- Customer Retentions
- Regular review with Business Line Leaders of key KPI’s (Key Process Indicators) – Quality index, OTD index, RMA Warranty Returns index, competitive landscape, and pricing/value proposition for the assigned key account.
- Utilize Operational Excellence programs to leverage our LEAN/VSM/BVVSM activities to strengthen account relationships.
- Manage, review and participate in the agreement or contract negotiation and delivery to accounts.
- Own, manage, communicate and negotiate pricing with accounts.
- Assess, discuss with the management team, and then (if/as decided) implement a customer loyalty program to reward long-term consistent strategic customers who are viewed as partners through additional special discounts and/or rewards as compared to standard customer/market pricing models.
- New Customer Identification and Engagement
- Develop a strategy with sales leadership, marketing, and product managers to explore new customer and market opportunities and provide strategic feedback to IH&S teams.
- Support the VOC projects in assigned key accounts and territory.
- Develop a process for direct sales resources to foster strong teamwork with IH&S company marketing, engineering, and operations resources to assess and engage emerging customers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA is required, preferably in Life Sciences or Engineering. An Advanced degree is preferred.
- 5+ years sales experience in Analytical Instrumentation markets (LC or MS). Biotechnology and IVD markets are a plus. Sales experience of B2B in Analytical Instrumentation markets is highly preferred.
- Candidate must have excellent customer relationship skills and key account management skills, along with proven results with increasing sales. Must have proven experience closing multi-million dollar / multi-year contracts.
- Strong preference for candidates with working experience at Top Global Analytical instrumentation OEMs.
- A Solid understanding of Liquid Chromatography and separation and analysis techniques such as Liquid Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry, Laboratory Automated Liquid Handling Systems, and the associated analytical techniques they are deployed in is extremely useful.
- Knowledge of non-separation applications such as DNA sequencing, Genomics and Proteomics, Hematology/Flow Cytometry, and combinatorial chemistry to provide high-throughput analysis applications would be very useful.
- Proven experience identifying rapid changes and trends within the AI/Lab industry, specifically in areas of rapid applications growth.
- Excellent customer and internal stakeholder relations skills and a proven record of results with increasing annual sales, managing complex multi-level business-to-business contract negotiations (Volume Purchase Agreements, Joint Product Development Agreements, Joint Venture Sales and Marketing Agreements).
- Proven experience defining, developing, executing, and negotiating multi-million dollar / multi-year contracts with large multi-national companies.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- A thorough understanding of P&L financial reporting and internal functional responsibilities is required.
- The individual must have the ability to collaborate with internal company stakeholders in other functional areas.
- Well organized - ability to address the strategic vision for the long-term while driving tactical issues in the short-term.
- Must possess high energy, a driven-to-succeed attitude, and proactive mindset, and a sense of ownership in working
- Must be able to prepare and professionally articulate presentations, legal contracts, and joint strategic planning documents with senior-level executives of worldwide multi-national analytical instrument companies.
- Must be comfortable working under pressure.
- Able to travel via automobile, airplane, train, or bus, both domestic and international. Travel may include multiple week trips. Ability to travel approximately 50%.
- Proficient in using electronic devices such as mobile phones, smartphones, and computer equipment
- Intermediate to advanced personal computer skills.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills in English across many facets of the business. Secondary and/or tertiary language skills preferred.
Are you ready to join a different kind of company where our people, our culture, and our commitments are centered around providing trusted solutions that improve lives around the world?
IDEX is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. IDEX gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other consideration or protected category made unlawful by federal, state or local laws (Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled).