Your RoleThe Operational Key Account Manager will be responsible for Operational and Analytical Account Management for one or more assigned accounts. The position will be the interface between the Key account(s) and the K+N Organization and drive optimized service delivery, customer value/ satisfaction and continuous improvement.
Your ResponsibilitiesCustomer Facing:
o Establish and maintain relationship with customer in North America and abroad; engage in regular contact to facilitate better understanding of customer needs, establish trust and serve as escalation contact
o Clarify, negotiate if needed and formalize operational requirements with the customer
o Increase customer satisfaction and loyalty through design and implementation of customer-specific solutions
o Identify cost improvement opportunities, building on existing operational capabilities and client relationships; engage KN and customer resources to achieve cost savings
o Facilitate new business by acting as a subject matter expert on KN service offerings and operational capabilities
o Proactively work with customer and KN sales and operational staff in facilitating corrective actions when required
o Serve as a facilitator and a single point of contact for implementation of new business, joint projects or any other customer requests not directly related to immediate day-to-day operations
o Execute specific customer defined analytical functions in support of export and import activities and regulatory requirements
Internal KN functions
o Act on customers behalf respective to articulating needs and requirements to the greater Kuehne + Nagel operational organization
o Serve as a point of contact for issues related to SOP, operational and administrative non-compliance matters, inclusive of, but not limited to:
- SOP Definitions with business field stakeholders
- SOP maintenance and distribution
- Regular reviews of Sop for accuracy and relevance
- Regular review of transactional data to support adherence to SOP
- Operational escalation
o Maintain necessarily set up of the customer information in KN operational systems; set up automated alerts; facilitate implementation and maintenance of EDI if required
o Assist Set up processes with operational branches for new business gained through RFQ’s and spot rate requests
o Maintain customer rate card, including requesting of, validation of, and inclusion of new rate requests.
o Monitoring of internal compliance (Billing, Status updates etc) – to address A/R, visibility etc.
o Facilitate and manage with internal stakeholders customer-driven ad hoc projects
KPI Management and Continuous Improvement
o Negotiate and formalize customer Key Performance Indicators in cooperation with GKAM, RKAM and Business Field Management.
o Facilitate development of reports for KPI measurements and monitoring of operational performance – share data with customer at agreed cadence.
o Regularly analyze root causes of non-performance and drive internal operational improvements with local and regional operational management
o Identify and drive CI opportunities – in concert with Business Units
o Develop and present materials / data related to KPI performance, projects and any other relevant operational matters during customers Business Reviews on country/ regional/ global level as required; assist GKAM/RKAM in preparation of Business Review presentations
o Access to all reporting/operational/financial IT systems required.
Your Skills and Experienceso All candidates must:
- be able to manage internal resources through influence, leadership and building lasting trust
- be analytical, ambitious and confident in undertaking wide-ranging internal and external improvement initiatives
- have in-depth knowledge of forwarder logistics import and export operations, including systems and processes as related to security protocols
- be able to drive customer compliance through effective communication of international trade regulations
- have experience in dealing with multi-national and multi-business unit organizations
- have experience in customer relationship management and communications
- have in-depth knowledge and skills in on-boarding new business through executing effective implementation best practices
o At least 5 years freight forwarding or transportation experience
o College Degree in Logistics, management or related fields
o Proficiency in Excel, Power Point, Word Doc
o Able to travel