The Sales Representative will increase new and existing business by adapting Ansysengineering simulation products and solutions into customers' engineering environments andproduct development processes.The Sales Representative is responsible for driving sales frominitial contact to close within an assigned geographical territory, and/or specified named accounts. Work will be done primarily via phone and web-based meetings out of an Ansys office. AsuccessfulSalesRepresentative will develop their sales skills by learning the Ansyssales processandthe Ansys solutions.They will showcase this development by implementing said processes andsolutions based on the needs of their target customers, resulting in an increase in business.
- Accountable to meet or exceed quarterly and annual sales targets as well asintermediate sales forecasts.
- Prospect into new and existingaccounts via telephoneand with theuse of online sales platforms.
- Contribute to an effective low touch renewal by collaborating with Account Managers to help them to maximize the targeted account's revenue through the renewal ofexisting business.
- Develop sales skills, by learning the AnsysSales Fundamentals, Ansyssolutions,and selling individual solutions based onthe needsoftheirtargetcustomers
- Develop and manage pipeline and advance sales opportunities throughthesales processfrom contactto close.
- Perform product sales presentations on Ansysengineeringsimulation software solutions, provide quotations, negotiate deals, obtain purchaseorders,and contracts.
- Conduct company / market / industry research, identify key stakeholders, understanddecision processes,and establish decision criteria within target companies.
- Share relevant case studies and solution ROI metrics anduse AnsysSales Fundamentalsto persuade key stakeholders to change / transform engineeringdesign processes by implementing a recommendedsolution.
- Regular and disciplined CRM usage regarding pipeline, sales forecast,and opportunity /account / contact management.
- Serve as a resource to Ansyschannel partners within a designated territory by assistingwith the sales process related to new and existing accounts, up to and includingopportunityclose.
- Education & Years of Experience: Bachelor's degree in technical, engineering, business or related field with 0+ years of experience OR 4+ years of experience demonstrated success in technical sales positions.
- Technical Aptitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic, and motivated to work in a high performing, results oriented environment.
- Travel: 5 - 25%
- Bachelors degree + 1year of sales or simulation work experience
- Ability to gain and utilize the understanding of both engineering and physics applications.
- Aptitude to stay up to date on emerging technologies, engineering techniques and productdevelopment trends.
- Internal drive and motivation to meet established goals related to activity levels.
ALIGNING YOUR VALUES TO OUR SOLUTIONS
At Ansys, our diverse, collaborative teams give us the strength and insight to solve the world's most challenging engineering problems. Our ONE Ansys culture has at its core:
- Customer Focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of Urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
ENGINEERING YOUR CAREER AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary leaders across the globe. Collectively we strive to change the world with innovative technology and transformational solutions. With a prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high - met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. At Ansys, it's about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It's about the "what's next" as much as the "mission accomplished." And it's about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and do impact real people in real ways. All this is forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel. Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology, empowering our customers to turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a member of the NASDAQ-100. We are proud to have been recognized for the following awards: Bay Area Best Places to Work, a Pillar World Awards Gold Winner, Fast Company Best Places to Work for Innovators, a Gold Stevie Award for Great Employers, the FORTUNE Future 50, a DCA Silver Winner, an R&D100 Finalist, a 20% by 2020 Women on Boards winner, a 2020 Pittsburgh Tech 50 - finalist, and America's Most Responsible Companies.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion and belonging where everyone thrives as ONE Ansys team.
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
Nearest Major Market: Irvine California
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles