The Patient Accounts Representative exists to verify all patient account insurance information on the day of admission or the next working day. Contacts the patient’s and/or third party payer organization(s) to secure insurance benefits and information. Secures all self-pay deposits and payment while patients are in the facility.
Monitors and reviews all new accounts and follow-up documents to determine the nature and extent of the information received from and the Intake Department.
- Notifies the Business Office Manager of any delinquent information.
- Contacts all payers to ensure clarification of insurance benefits and any monies due up front.
- Investigates any delinquent patient information to identify any special circumstances affecting delay of billing with relations to correct information.
- Contacts all third party payer organizations and/or patients as necessary to facilitate the timely gathering of information to ensure billing credibility.
- Reclassifies accounts after insurance verification or rejection or verification and initiates required procedures.
- Identifies problem delinquencies and recommends further action needed.
- Prepares and maintains records and reports documenting the status of all insurance verification and census information reporting.
- Maintains current knowledge of all insurance verification policies and procedures and related legislation.
- Promotes a positive working environment and guest relations.
- Assumes and/or performs additional duties as requested.
- Promotes safety by attending mandatory in-services and complies with all safety measures initiated by the facility
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to UHS or UHS facilities on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we", "us", "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc. UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.
- High school graduate or equivalent required. Previous training in verification required.
- Effective telephone techniques and listening skills required.
- Working knowledge of insurance terms, reimbursement procedures, medical terminology and hospital services, rates and policies relating to collection activities required.
- Must be able to perform assignments with minimal supervision;
- Must be able to perform concentrated and/or complex mental activity with frequent involvement in complex and/or highly technical situations;
- Must be able to work successfully under highly stressful conditions;
- Must be able to make sound, independent judgments based on scientific and/or ethical principles;
- Must be able to comprehend and perform oral and written instructions and procedures;
- Must be able to collaborate with other multidisciplinary team members in an appropriate fashion;
- Must be capable of adapting to varying workloads an work assignments on a constant basis;
- Must have effective comprehensive reading skills, strong communication skills, written and verbal.