Director of Software Development
Monday, June 7, 2021
AvidXchange is the industry leader in automating invoice and payment processes for mid-market businesses. Founded in the year 2000, AvidXchange processes over $140 billion transactions annually across its network of more than 600,000 suppliers, transforming the way 6,000 customers in North America pay their bills. AvidXchange is distinguished as a global fintech unicorn and one of the fastest growing technology companies in the U.S. with 1,400 employees supporting customers across seven office locations. Our employees live by our core values, including “Innovate to Change the Game”, “Passion about Customer Success”, “Win as a Team”, “Play to our Strengths”, and “Have a Blast”. We are on a mission to create something different at AvidXchange. Come join the team!
As a Director of Software Development, you will provide leadership and guidance to software development leaders to help a fast-growing SaaS company rapidly deliver quality products to the market. This role requires an extensive background in running enterprise agile teams, have deep knowledge in scaled agile practices, SaaS deployment, and agile leadership principles.
- Create an environment that promotes learning; enabling resources to resolve and remove their own obstacles, while supporting individuals and teams to learn from failing fast
- Employ a lean leadership style, one that focuses on developing skills and career paths for team members. Attract, recruit, and retain capable individuals to build high-performant teams; establish mission and purpose for individuals and teams
- Perform career coaching and personal development; evaluate performance, including team input; provide guidance and corrective actions
- Create an environment of transparency where facts are always friendly so that individuals and teams feel free to innovate, experiment, and communicate openly and honestly with all stakeholders
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders to eliminate impediments and evolve systems and practices in support of Lean-Agile development
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders in Software Architecture, Product, and Process Management to define and provide a cohesive leadership message and operational strategy.
- Responsible for building a high-performance organization to meet or exceed goals and to provide mission and purpose to individual contributors
- Provide direct input to policy level direction regarding standards, processes, metrics, long range plans and budgeting, and other policy items as required
- Collaborate with leadership to update monthly financial forecasts in areas of headcount, non-billable consulting, and capitalization including Manage expenses in line with provided department budgets
- Manage personnel actions, which includes but is not limited to, approving vacation, training, and making promotional salary or merit increase recommendations
- Contribute to building a high-performance organization to meet or exceed goals
- Maintain a culture of continuous improvement with a focus on being a best-in-class product delivery organization with on-time delivery, on-scope, on-budget, and on-quality with fully accountable for software quality and on-time delivery
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS, AND SKILLS
- Experience supervising professional-level Engineering staff through large complex projects
- Significant understanding and knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the software engineering and architecture field
- Experience and understanding of enterprise-level agile processes
- Broad exposure to a variety of industry frameworks, tools, and technologies utilized in implementing modern enterprise software solutions
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS, AND SKILLS
- Typically requires a University Degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 10 years prior relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- 9+ years of enterprise software development experience with 7+ years of leadership experience
- Experience in the Fintech space desirable
- Experience with engineering software using the Microsoft stack of technologies desirable
AvidXchange is an equal opportunity employer. AvidXchange is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AvidXchange will not discriminate against applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but is not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age and physical or mental disability.
- Job Family
- Job Function
Software Development Engineering
- Pay Type
- Employment Indicator