As a Transformation Staff Consulting Architect you acquire intimate knowledge of the customers’ business, its strategic goals and the specific requirements of our largest enterprise and global projects. You will be demonstrating the technical abilities of the consulting team you lead, and drive a solution that assists the customer in achieving their business goals and outcomes. You are a solution level subject matter expert with broad knowledge across the VMware technology stack and of 3rd party integrated products. In addition to customer facing delivery, Staff Consulting Architects also provide key input to pre-sales on complex multi-discipline bids and drive best practices.
The Transformation Staff Consulting Architect is a strategic role, which combines the competencies of strategy consulting, thought-leadership, Application Modernization, and IT transformation sales support in a delivery role. The Transformation Architect is a senior-level consultative delivery lead who is part of the Transformation Consulting team. He or she works closely with strategic account teams and sales leadership to drive adoption of VMware solutions into the strategic accounts segment of VMware’s business.
The Transformation Staff Consulting Architect routinely engages with C-level, VP and Director level executives, both internal to VMware, and externally with VMware clients, providing perspective and guidance on long-term business/technology strategy, investments and innovation, drawing upon the depth and breadth of their technical and business management knowledge. In addition to delivery, sales and scope management expertise, the Transformation Staff Consulting Architect will need in-depth knowledge surrounding Kubernetes, application modernization, data center technologies and industry trends. Using this experience and knowledge of VMware’s products as well as complimentary products, you will advise clients on issues related to the solution design and deployment including complexity trade-offs business impact. They should possess excellent listening skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to solve complex problems, be a big picture thinker and be able to visualize the solution. The Transformation Architect should also be able to act as a trusted advisor to executive leadership and be able to bridge business and technology. They will ensure the customer is guided with clear vision with end state in mind and provide the customer with the necessary transformative guidance to ensure value realization.
We are looking for conscientious and responsible individuals who can build on our successful track record and come with us on the next stage of our journey, we will sponsor your enablement and certification up to and including VCDX certification, and you will
work for the global leader in cloud infrastructure and virtualization solutions.
- Strategically plan with sales, pre-sales and the customer to build out a delivery and operational roadmap inclusive of Tanzu.
- Vision new services and requirements and be a trusted advisor to technical decision makers and key project stakeholders on your projects.
- Define and present an application modernization journey and operational approach to senior project stakeholders.
- Work with project manager on project budget, resource planning and all aspects of efficient delivery.
- Confidently gather use case requirements and creation of high-level enterprise designs while functioning as a resource for “Best Practices” and driving adoption of VMware solutions including Tanzu.
- Ensure the solution being delivered is fit for purpose, referencing the initial business goals and objectives of the project through strong project governance
- Maintain current, high-level technical knowledge of the entire VMware product line and future product direction and expert level knowledge of the core VMware product line and your specialist area
- Actively demonstrate commercial awareness and stay within the scope of the contracted work.
- Assist in the development of our consulting service offerings as well as developing white papers and best practices
Specific responsibilities include:
- Familiarity and deep knowledge of Kubernetes and Containers and modern application development principles and techniques.
- Work closely with VMware customers, developers, and key VMware stakeholders including PSO, Customer Success, Product Management and Sales
- Define and drive customer use cases, user personas, product features/requirements, roadmaps and release plans for product features
- Understand how to drive a customer roadmap that includes multiple different platforms
- Guide the application of common development tools and infrastructure, such as CI/CD pipelines, monitoring, provisioning, and configuration management
- Work on the VMware Cloud infrastructure aspects and develop services embracing VMware Tanzu ecosystem.
- Understanding of Spring framework to integrate with Java Apps
- Familiarity and be “in the know” about Open Source ecosystem, and define integration with different ecosystem services such as Postgres, Greenplum but not limited to these.
- Advocate for software, platform and delivery quality, provide guidance and examples of a test-first software delivery culture with meaningful CI/CD feedback loops
- Identify a variety of customer needs across the customer environment, drive feature prioritization and work closely with engineering to deliver successful products
- Understand customer needs and requirements and represent them in customer roadmaps
- Bring business acumen and analytics capabilities to score the market opportunities and value propositions to executives and business sponsors.
- Understand the market competition for the product set and develop product and competitive positioning
- Bachelor’s degree; Masters of Business Administration a plus
- 12+ years industry expertise within a high-tech or consulting environment
- Experience developing and growing C-Level relationships
- Record of building strong customer relationships
- Deep understanding of the leadership, financial, process and technical challenges faced with running modern day IT operations at large corporations
- Pre-Sales or Consulting background
- Consultative Selling (question based selling, positioning services)
- Ability to communicate complex topics to an audience with varied functional knowledge levels
- Technical and Business writing skills (white papers, proposals, competitive responses)
- Business skills (financial accounting, ROI, TCO, budget planning, organizational design)
- Presentation skills including public speaking, meeting facilitation and white boarding
- Strong understanding of VMware technology and professional service offerings with the ability to demonstrate the benefits that can be realized through the application of VMware solutions to customer environments
- Must be able to travel up to 60% when it is deemed safe to travel post - COVID
Desirable skills and experience
- A broad range of vSphere or vRealize design experience in medium to large environments
- Project governance experience and familiarity with PMP or TOGAF frameworks
- Practical knowledge of the ITIL framework
- Experience of presenting at a user group, trade show or similar is highly desirable
VMware’s Professional Services team is obsessed with helping organizations achieve their goals with the power of VMware technology. As partners throughout their digital transformation, we work with customers to build the IT capabilities, competencies, and culture they need to improve employee and customer experiences, accelerate innovation, and confidently move into the future. Join our team, and you’ll work alongside a diverse group of people who are passionate about sharing their broad expertise and empowering you to do your best work. Our technology is changing the way the world’s biggest brands do business. Where will your impact be made?
Category : Services and Consulting
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-07-22
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.