At Medical Solutions, we’re people who care, helping people who care. No matter how you look at it, there’s a whole lot of care going on in our world and that’s just the way we like it.
What do we do? Medical Solutions is one of the nation’s largest providers of total workforce solutions in the healthcare industry, connecting nurses and allied health clinicians with hospitals and healthcare systems across the country and around the corner. Through our family of brands, we also serve a segment of clients outside of the healthcare space. And we’re the very best at what we do.
You’ll love our culture that’s filled with heart and soul. As a company and employer, we’re sincerely and unabashedly us. We lead as humans first and believe the unique qualities of each team member make us better together. We share a purpose for helping others and the drive to make a difference. And we offer endless opportunities for personal and professional growth, throughout your career.
At Medical Solutions, you’ll find a great place to work and a career home. We’ve received Best Places to Work awards, landed top industry awards, and received accolades for the impact we’ve made in business and within our community.
But the only way to really get to know us, is to join us. We think you’ll fit right in.
BI/DW Solutions Architect – Job Description
Our team is currently looking for a Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse Solutions Architect who is passionate about creating awesome analytics solutions and experiences for our customers and our teammates in support of our business strategies. We value open and honest communication, and we strive to create a positive and fun team-based environment. We want teammates that challenge themselves, as well as those around them to create high quality analytical products and services.
As a Solutions Architect, you’ll act as the emissary of the BI/analytics development process and help design the overall analytics ecosystem. You’ll work closely with the BI team to architect, design, develop, and implement data driven solutions to meet the most critical and complex requirements. You’ll provide technical oversight to design, development, and testing activities. It will be up to you to ensure that analytical solutions and applications are reliable, scalable, and secure. The ideal candidate will identify and implement solutions that enable self-service functionality while maintaining data integrity.
As a Solutions Architect you will be given the most challenging technical problems. You'll need to consider all the potential impacts of changes to our enterprise ecosystem and design solutions that prepare us for the future without breaking what we use today.
- Architect the analytics ecosystem including the enterprise data warehouse and business intelligence platform as well as creating a strong foundation for advanced analytics
- Assist in creating a technical roadmap for analytical products
- Provides thought leadership regarding applications of data/analytics technology to business needs
- Builds out proofs of concepts in order to “fail fast” on complex projects
- Owns the development, maintenance, and enforcement of enterprise standards around development practices, processes, and tools for analytical design, scripting, data ops, and data and analytics platforms
- Work directly with business leaders and customers to understand their needs and convey those needs to other team members in an understandable fashion
- Ensures the architecture and solution designs enable governed exploration, quicker dashboard builds, and drag and drop ad hoc analysis in Power BI
- Works with Enterprise Architecture to ensure solutions are in alignment with current needs and future plans
- Work with Product Owners and Scrum Masters to help determine priority and assess timelines
- Be a committed agile teammate who guides the team to reach their goals
- Provide technical thought leadership in business intelligence, data governance, and enterprise data strategy
- Knowledgeable on principles of design, build, and implementation of machine learning solutions to optimize business functions
- Provide data and analytics expertise across the Technology department
- Key design partner to the data governance team
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Analytics or a closely related discipline in a Computer Science field (or equivalent)
- Minimum 7 years of experience working with data warehousing design, data modeling (e.g., star schemas), and delivery with preference given to Azure platforms
- Deep knowledge of modern cloud data pipeline (ETL/ELT) tools such as Azure Data Factory and push down ELT methodologies
- Minimum 2 years of experience with data visualization software and self-service analytic tools, with preference to Power BI
- Experience building and designing BI semantic models including in SSAS tabular
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel (pivot tables, v-lookup, working with data from BI semantic models)
- Knowledge of paginated and tabular reporting tools (e.g., SSRS)
- Advanced knowledge and tuning of SQL
- Experience and expertise in Python and familiarity with application of modern data science languages such as Python, R, etc.
- Working knowledge of CI/CD pipelines for data ops
- Experience designing and implementing machine learning within Azure Data Bricks is highly preferred
- Experience with Financial Planning and Analysis technologies and approaches is also a plus
- Experience with master data management approaches and technologies as well as developing a data governance strategy is also preferred
Some of the benefits we offer…
- Insurance: Day 1 benefits (health, dental, vision, 401(k) + employer match) and company-paid life insurance; short and long-term disability; supplemental life insurance for yourself, spouse & child(ren); and multiple voluntary benefits
- Remote work option – we’re where you are!
- Flexible PTO (PT-Oh!)
- Flexible schedules
- Award-winning training program
- Connectivity stipend
- Competitive compensation as part of our total rewards package
- (8) paid Holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- We live our Values in all we do
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Focus on total wellbeing
- Employee Experience Team that provides perks in-office and virtually
- Relaxed culture and casual dress (t-shirts and flip-flops welcome!)
Learn more about Medical Solutions and what it’s like to be part of our team. Check out our Careers website, https://www.thebestjobieverhad.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor???s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)