OpenTable's Sales and Restaurant Relations team is dedicated to improving restaurants' revenue potential by utilizing best in brand front-of-house management and online reservation technology. We are looking for people who are passionate about the restaurant industry and want to feel good about the products they sell and represent. This is high-adrenaline; client-facing sales role requires deep industry expertise, tried sales and account management ability with a particular penchant for closing deals and developing relationships with our current customers and a broad base of industry contacts.
Reporting to the Restaurant Services Team Lead, the Restaurant Service Manager handles an elite portfolio of restaurants across their assigned territory. S/he assumes responsibility for the restaurant relationship after the sale and installation is completed. S/he is charged with maintaining a high client retention rate by improving customer happiness and driving deep utilization of OpenTable services. S/he will dedicatedly engage in face-to-face meetings with decision makers to consultatively deliver business reviews, provide training and education related to using OpenTable software and online marketing exposure. The position will serve as trusted advisor and primary point of contact for critical issue resolution for their respective portfolio. As an authority of their respective territory, s/he will gather feedback from restaurants to drive feature and functionality requirements for product upgrades and will assist management in devising account management plans and strategies specific to assigned territory.
- Cultivate and build upon existing high-level relationships to serve as a trusted advisor to assigned restaurants.
- Act as a liaison between clients and appropriate company departments to resolve customer issues such as accounts receivable and product.
- Lead and maintain high-retention with current clients.
- Strategically overcome objections and competition.
- Provide customized product and service presentations (both in person and online) to prospects and existing customers to determine solution needs and drive revenue.
- Encourage customers to think differently about their business and in ways that will help both parties achieve success.
- Educate restaurants about trends in the industry and offer unique insight.
- Provide our restaurant partners with data and reports to better run their operations.
- Consistently meet and exceed monthly and quarterly retention and other goals, as assigned.
- Provide solutions to current clients in an assigned geographic area to achieve/exceed assigned revenue and retention objectives.
- Provide follow-up with customers to ensure customer satisfaction with solutions. Maintain communication records & prepare productivity reports as required.
- Provide accurate documentation and feedback through wins/losses, forecasts/pipeline, references & company's account management systems (including Salesforce).
- Remain knowledgeable of, and adapt to, company's solutions to facilitate efforts.
- Demonstrate skills and client' experience to continually evolve account management approach and processes.
- Listen to needs of the market and share this feedback with Product and Marketing teams.
- Assist Account Executive and Inside Sales Rep on the team as needed.
- Account management or equivalent experience in a restaurant/hospitality environment; validated customer service skills.
- Deep expertise in restaurant operations and management experience working in the local restaurant market
- Validated ability to work across many departments to take on problems and achieve results
- Excellent social and planning skills: task prioritization, effective time management
- Strong writing, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills used for making and supporting business decisions
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Office, internet, basic web design or html is a plus
- Valid driving license and transportation (all business related travel expenses reimbursed)
- Appropriate working in an unstructured and forward-thinking environment
- OpenTable software experience is a plus.
- College degree preferred
OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), powers reservations for the hospitality industry. OpenTable's software seats more than 1 billion people per year and helps more than 60,000 restaurants, bars, wineries and other venues attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated more than 2 billion diners in over 80 countries. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico, the UK and many more locations.
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of meta-search brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other's strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
Diversity and Inclusion at OpenTable / KAYAK
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our stakeholders.
OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
The expected base salary range for this role is $68,000 to $74,000. This position is eligible for additional compensation and benefits including: cash bonus; health benefits; flexible spending account; retirement benefits; life insurance; paid time off (including PTO, paid sick leave, medical leave, bereavement leave, floating holidays and paid holidays); and parental leave and benefits. Actual compensation will be determined by experience and other factors permitted by law.
#LI - SH1