Enjoy unlimited earning potential, career security, extensive training, and unparalleled corporate support… all while utilizing your creativity and impacting young people!
As an Educational Outside Sales Representative, you’ll work alongside school yearbook staffs providing journalistic advice, creative guidance and critique, as well as technical training and support. Our Educational Outside Sales Representatives serve as mentors to both students and teachers, while also working as project managers to guarantee each publication’s success. Your efforts will be integral to the quality of each school’s book, and the entire program supporting it.
You’ll receive a group of existing accounts to manage and grow. These schools will view you as the ultimate resource for creating their yearbook. Delivering hands-on support, you’ll ensure each school’s yearbook business is successful by assisting with everything from deadline and budget management to team building and marketing challenges. Your customers will look to you for training, guidance, and troubleshooting on topics such as photography, design, making money, and keeping staffers on task.
In addition to managing and supporting existing customers, you’ll also prospect and sell other surrounding schools on partnering with you, and Walsworth, for their next publication. This provides the rare opportunity to work hands-on in a creative and educational capacity, while also enjoying the earning and growth opportunity of a sales professional.
Our Educational Outside Sales Representatives receive a competitive base salary plus bonuses and uncapped commissions.
Additional benefits include car allowance, expense account, medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid time off, life insurance, exceptional training, and an unbeatable corporate culture.
RESPONSIBILITIES of Educational Outside Sales Representatives:
- Meet or exceed sales quotas
- Support customers through every aspect of yearbook production, keeping them engaged, on schedule, and loyal to Walsworth
- Prospect for new accounts and grow market share within assigned territory
- Provide advice and critique on photography, design, journalism, technology, classroom management, marketing and business
- Teach and engage students in a classroom setting
- Stay a step ahead of customer schools, keeping them on track with deadlines and budgets
- Coordinate between schools and the production team to ensure the publication stays on point
- Daily travel to schools, both customers and prospects, within the territory, minimal overnight stays
- Maintain organized customer files and detailed records on every school
- Collaborate with other local yearbook consultants to host training workshops and seminars for students and teachers
QUALIFICATIONS for Educational Outside Sales Representatives:
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree required
- Competitive and driven personality with an influential spirit
- Prior customer service and sales experience (ideally outside sales)
- Experience with high school or college yearbooks is desirable
- Ideal candidates will also have experience in related fields, such as: teaching, coaching, journalism, graphic design, photography or printing
- Leadership experience and proven ability to keep people and projects on track
- Creative thinking and advanced problem-solving skills
- Excellent computer literacy skills and proficiency in Adobe design software
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Willingness to establish a home office and work independently
- Must have a valid drivers’ license and access to a reliable vehicle for daily travel
- Maintain confidentiality with respect to student data and customer accounts
- Ability to work in the U.S. without sponsorship, pass background check and drug test
In business since 1937, Walsworth Yearbooks is the only American family-owned yearbook publisher in the country. Never bought or sold, we’re among the 35 largest printing companies in the U.S., and one of the top 10 book printers, servicing more than 4,400 schools nationwide. Our commitment to providing quality printing with a focus on customer service consistently earns us stellar customer satisfaction scores and ensures our continued national expansion. We lead the industry in technical innovation and are the fastest-growing yearbook company in the country.
Investing heavily in our employees, we start our yearbook consultants with in-depth classroom training (most new reps receive 4-5 weeks within the first year) and continue with ongoing education, intensive on-the-job training, mentoring, and coaching.
We believe our success depends on our sales team and provide multiple resources to ensure you have everything necessary to effectively service and sell. You’ll benefit from a top CRM (Salesforce), leading technology (iPad pro, laptop, software, etc.), solid leadership (every member of our management team started in the field and was promoted from within) and award-winning support (all three key sales support teams consistently rate over 95% on customer surveys).
Imagine your company working as hard to support you and your customers, as you do to win and retain them. This is how we’re leading the industry, consistently renewing over 90% of our customers, and have been the fastest growing yearbook publisher in the country for over a decade. The sky’s the limit and earnings are always uncapped.