When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
Our Sales Manager is responsible for managing a team of sales representatives who sell research products and services within a defined territory. The Sales Manager will be responsible for ensuring the team has effective customer relations, develops opportunities for growth within an existing customer base, and assures market penetration and profitability while achieving sales and profit forecasts. The Sales Manager will complete account planning and forecasting, analyze reports on business, and manage performance of the team.
What will you do?
- Manage team to maintain effective customer relations with purchasing and end user within assigned territory
- Leverage available resources to meet customer needs and work effectively with cross-functional team of supplier and internal resources
- Manage the strategic direction for the overall region; Lead the sales team to drive sales strategies to meet plan and expand business within assigned territory; Ensure team maintains a pipeline of opportunities to meet or exceed sales objectives;
- Perform sales calls and vendor relations with all customers and potential customers in the assigned territory
- Research competitor and industry activity and keep informed of new products/services and other general information of interest to customers incorporating this data in the business plan; Introduces new products and services
- Show initiative to develop programs to drive growth in any economic condition
- Manage pricing within territory to control profitability
- Manage overall performance of team members
- Maintain accurate reporting, records, and files necessary for proper management of region
- Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations
How you will get here:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Science or Business along with 10 years of relevant, industry-specific experience, preferably in the research laboratory industry
- Strong sales management experience and proven leadership abilities
- 3+ years sales management experience
- Excellent business skills
- Advanced selling and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Regional sales plan development, new product launch planning, supplier management and budgeting
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status.