Territory Manager I
Thursday, January 28, 2021
Summary: Manages assigned territory to achieve sales plan while maintaining excellent customer service and relationships.
Key Result Areas:
1. Sales Development – Achieve sales goals and objectives.
- Develops new accounts through prospecting.
- Generates additional sales by selling new products and programs.
- Maintains consistent call cycle with existing accounts.
- Identifies growth opportunities through expansions of existing customers.
- Generates sales proposals, plan-o-grams, analytical analysis of business.
2. Relationship Building – Develops professional business relationships.
- Works closely with existing accounts to grow and develop their market share.
- Develops a partnership that exemplifies trust and confidence in the Hillman program.
- Develops a relationship built on trust and integrity.
3. Communications – Communicate effectively with customers and management.
- Communicates weekly with Field sales Manager.
- Informs management of any competitive issues.
- Informs management of current market trends.
- Respond promptly to all customer issues and concerns.
4. Service – Provide a superior level of service to existing accounts.
- Maintain adequate call cycle and call frequencies with existing accounts.
- Maintain display appearance to Hillman standards.
- Update merchandising of displays to current standards.
- Prepares special orders, pricing, and business agreements.
5. Administration – Completes all administrative job requirements.
- Completes all business reporting requirements.
- Maintains monthly planner.
- Works with corporate staff to coordinate special projects and programs.
- Completes expense reporting requirements
Territory Manager - Continued Competencies:
Takes initiative, and follows through on promises; accepts responsibility for mistakes; protects confidentiality; voices disagreement with tact; accepts & implements change.
Internal & External Customer Service
Exhibits cooperative behavior; anticipates customer needs & initiates service in a timely manner; exceeds service expectations at all times.
Communicates verbal & written information in a clear, concise manner; invites contact and listens with respect; responds to voice and email in a timely manner.
Arrives at meetings and appointments on time; interacts well with various personalities; shares resources; supports team decisions; contributes to team projects when asked.
Possesses current industry & job knowledge; is organized & efficient; demonstrates effective time management & multi-tasking skills; makes decisions in a timely manner.
College degree or equivalent work related experience.
1. Minimum of 33 months successful experience as a Sales Representative.
2. Exemplify a strong positive attitude and team oriented.
3. Minimum territory sales volume of $750,000.
4. Strong sales ability and general knowledge of marketing concepts.
5. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
6. Strong presentation skills.
7. Strong organization and time management skills.
8. Able to travel up to 75% of the time.
9. Maintain a valid driver license and vehicle insurance.
10. Able to operate a motor vehicle safely and lift 70 pounds.
11. Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Windows Operating System.
- Job Family
- Job Function
SLS: Traditional Sales
- Pay Type