To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
What is a Retail Enterprise Solution Engineer? Also known as a "Sales Engineer," or "Solutions Consultant," the Solution Engineer provides long term vision to customers and know how to articulate how Salesforce the #1 CRM fuels digital transformation for our Retail customers/prospects. To accomplish this, a Solution Engineer has a foundation of strong business acumen, executive discovery, and presentation skills, comfort with going from high level and strategic to deep into then technology, and an ability to explain and demonstrate technical solutions to a non-technical audience.
The range of solutions and products that the Retail Enterprise solution engineer will cover include the breadth of Salesforce solutions for traditional retailers, QSR/restaurants, and grocery customers.
- Discover the customer's business needs, and position the best Salesforce solution to achieve those business objectives
- Build and present customized solutions and demonstrations focused on Salesforce CRM products to multiple customer personas showing how Salesforce will accelerate their business strategies and a path to value.
- Convey a deep understanding of the customer's architecture as it pertains to Salesforce's solutions
- Orchestrate and project manage cross-functional solutions experts, and align them to the opportunity strategy
- Develop and deliver the story of the customer experience aided by Salesforce technologies
- Participate in all appropriate product, sales, and procedural training and certifications to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in the position
- Ability to travel based on territory alignment and region
- 5+ years of strong pre-sales/business development experience from a software vendor, systems integrator, or other consulting organization
- A practitioner in a company (ideally with a Retailer, Restaurant, or Grocer) aligning technology to business outcomes
- Strong experience as part of a team, sharing information and supporting team members when needed
- Experience in the why, what, and how of innovation and transformation
- Functional project management experience with a strong track record of driving simultaneous projects and multiple initiatives from concept to completion
- Superior customer success attitude, solving for their challenges and goals and delivering the best experience possible
- Knowledge of, or experience, with related applications, marketing technology systems, relational database, and web technology
- Solid oral, written, presentation, collaboration, and interpersonal communication skills
- Previous experience as a solution/sales engineer for a CRM company or similar technology
- Prior experience with Salesforce
- Basic programming experience in HTML and other web-based technologies
- Salesforce Certifications
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $ 71,400 . You may also be entitled to receive bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.