The Account Executive (AE) is the catalyst behind FirstLight’s success as an organization. As a consultative sales professional, the Account Executive is responsible for driving revenue growth and bringing in net-new business from prospects and existing customers. Account Executive’s own all opportunities for their assigned, named prospect accounts and are responsible for coordinating resources and managing the sales campaign across the entire opportunity pipeline.
Job requirements include (but are not limited to):
- Negotiate and close as many sales opportunities as possible.
- Identify the needs of prospects, provide guidance and solution recommendations to meet those needs, and effectively understand and respond to prospect objections.
- Develop a mastery of all FirstLight’s broad portfolio of products and services and connect client’s business objectives with FirstLight offerings and solutions.
- Be proactive in all aspects of opportunity development, including conducting outreach to prospects to establish relationships and identify new sales opportunities.
- Build and expand relationships with Economic Buyer in prospect accounts.
- Assist the prospect in maximizing the return of their investment with FirstLight
- Establish yourself as a ‘Trusted Advisor’ to the prospect
- Support in retaining newly acquired customers and expanding footprint through cross/up sell opportunities.
- Stay abreast of competition, competitive issues and products.
- Provide regular reporting of pipeline and forecast through the CRM system.
- Collaborate with peers and management around ways to continually improve the sales organization.
- Provide expertise around areas of interest to discuss industry best practices and development of high-level strategies.
- Bring net new and innovative ideas to both the internal team and the customer.
- Assist in creating an environment of teamwork and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence (i.e. strong business acumen)
- Partner with sales and additional pre-sales engagement members to align goals and ensure ongoing refinement.
Job Qualifications & Preferences:
- 5+ years of B2B sales experience, preferably in a telecom or ISP environment
- Proven track record of exceeding new logo sales quotas
- Strong knowledge of telecommunications industry and terminology
- Experience selling to Mid-Market, Large Enterprise, and/or government organizations, with an emphasis on new logo growth, prospecting, and cold calling.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent
- Customer Focused: Approaching all opportunities through the lenses of the prospect or customer
- Strategic: Able to prioritize and manage multiple accounts within territory
- Persuasive: Achieves ‘win-win’ positioning, guiding others to change status quo
- Resourceful: Able to overcome obstacles and barriers to find appropriate sales solutions
Headquartered in Albany, New York, FirstLight provides fiber-optic data, Internet, data center cloud and voice services to enterprise and carrier customers throughout the Northeast connecting nearly 9,000 locations in service with an additional 30,000 locations serviceable by its more than 15,000 route mile fiber network.
We offer a competitive base salary and a generous commission plan as well as an outstanding benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, paid training, and paid holidays and vacation.
FirstLight Fiber is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with state and federal laws, FirstLight’s equal opportunity policy is that all applicants and employees are treated equally by the company with respect to employment opportunities, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or veteran disability.