Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Platforms Group (DPG) as a Software Program Manager!
In this role you will lead a matrixed, cross functional team contained within a larger organization that are directly tied to the development, implementation or upgrade of technology or products for external customers. One or more cross functional, matrixed team members is a manager and/or a technical lead and guides performance of functional teams.
You will manage projects or programs where consistent decisions are made regarding the overall goals and objectives of significant programs or segments of the organization through all phases of the lifecycle. Manage interdependencies and integration among multiple projects, teams, and stakeholders. Has decision making authority at the program level. Set direction for programs by determining and balancing the technical need vs business impact of project/program decisions and operates within the guardrails.
This role is the key interface with stakeholders and leadership internally. Exercise judgment and discretion to develop solutions, remove obstacles and redefine approaches. Oversee identification of tasks and research, dependencies, costs and communicates expectations to core team members. Creates/tracks/adjusts the program schedule. Assess risks and identifies solutions to timely, efficient achievement of program goals. Ensures that quality standards and budget constraints are met. Ensures appropriate progress against schedule and takes remedial action as appropriate. Prioritizes utilization of resources with other functions. Understands the technical concepts, architecture, systems, development methods, and disciplines associated with the defined program.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Leading one or more Program Execution Teams
- Define, establish, and maintain a consistent, traceable decision-making process across a heterogeneous landscape of stakeholders.
- Exercise’s judgment and discretion to develop solutions, remove obstacles and redefine approaches.
- Gather metrics and building reports and dashboards that detail program health including customer success, project execution, and team health.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below.
- Must be a team player, with a demonstrated experience technically influencing others.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Cross-functional leadership skills
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Bachelor's in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent degree with 6+ years of experience or a Master’s in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree with 4+ years of experience.
- 4+ years of experience marketing, new product development or program management
- 4+ years of Project Management experience.
- 4+ years’ experience managing complex large and multidisciplinary programs.
- 4+ years’ experience gathering metrics and building reports and dashboards that detail program health including customer success project execution and team health.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Previous experience influencing an environment where there is no direct authority.
- Cultivate and lead a high performing team that delivers results.
- Experience addressing C-Suite, Peer Functional Groups and Customer audiences.
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
US, California, Folsom;US, California, Santa Clara;US, Georgia, Atlanta;US, Oregon, Hillsboro;US, Texas, Austin
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.