The CMO/Vice President is a visionary, high-energy marketing professional that can balance strategic thinking with overseeing flawless execution. The ideal candidate can bring strategy, inspiration, innovation, campaign expertise, and thought leaders together to shape how our community, and the population at large, experience and engages with the Hoag brand and services.
Initiates and directs all marketing and communication programs for the organization including but not limited to: strategic planning, demand generation, content marketing, messaging strategy, branding, channel marketing, digital marketing, marketing analytics, media relations, marketing communications, public affairs, community relations and employee communications.
Plays a key role for Hoag in promoting its national recognition as a state-of-the-art, patient centered, comprehensive service model for healthcare.
This role is a seasoned marketing professional who works collaboratively with all levels and backgrounds and has significant experience creating, influencing, and developing brand storytelling and integrated marketing campaigns, and performance-based lifecycle and acquisition/retention marketing campaigns–and seeing them succeed.
In addition, the CMO/Vice President is responsible for leading and driving the organization’s commercial strategy across all sales channels, from Business to Business (B2B) and Business to Consumer (B2C), and for translating Hoag’s brand strategies and objectives into actionable plans that increase brand awareness, attracts and retains patients, and engages the community with a positive and measurable return on investment.
The Vice President also serves as Public Information Officer for the organization. Directs and manages the full-service marketing communications function to provide marketing direction, agency account management, media planning and buying, and creative art, video and photography services that assist the organization in meeting its strategic and marketing/sales objectives. The Vice President represents the organization on chamber of commerce boards and local government committees; is a member of the organization’s Executive Leadership Team and shares the responsibility to drive growth.
Oversees the Marketing & Corporate Communications department including directing staff, managing budgets, leading the implementation and maintenance of marketing tools and systems, and manages day to day operations.
Strategic Planning and Creative Direction
- Own positioning, messaging, branding, segmentation, strategy, content and creative direction focused on the “One Hoag Experience”.
- Conduct market research, journey mapping and personas to make better decisions on the respective organizational strategies.
- Develops and manages marketing communications' strategic direction and goals of the organization’s programs to assist in achieving product line or program goals.
- Directs and manages the brand identity of the organization and related businesses
- Lead growth of brand and increase brand awareness.
- Position organization as consumer-focused through targeted, innovative, well-designed consumer marketing strategies and programs.
- In collaboration with the Chief Digital Officer, design and execute an extensive digital marketing and data analytics program for the organization. They will lead the brand expression and content strategy of the company’s digital marketing platform, grow online presence and brand awareness utilizing the web, web content, interactive marketing, search (SEO/SEM/PPC) and social media. Incorporates cutting-edge ecommerce marketing techniques as applicable (e.g. targeted product recommendations, proximity marketing, reviews, etc.).
- Evaluates and monitors effectiveness of organization communication programs.
- Drive marketing productivity through the development and optimization of processes and systems.
- Set clear goals for delivering growth in brand metrics and Hoag consumer engagement
- In collaboration with IT and Chief Digital Officer, build, maintain and update CRM database information.
- Ensure forecasting, reporting and modeling on core metrics, monitoring marketing productivity and performing strategic analyses.
- Provide ongoing reporting, develop actionable insights, test and learn approaches to new initiatives.
- Provides direction and management for organization marketing communications programs, including advertising, collateral, direct mail, newsletters, videos, digital, Out Of Home (OOH) advertising, etc.
- Directs outside advertising agency and other vendors services and expenses
- Establishes and maintains relationships with local and regional print, outdoor and electronic media to achieve the best advertorial and advertising opportunities.
- Provides director for communications to internal audiences including Board of Directors, employees, and medical staff.
- Oversees all media relations activities. Serves as advisor to the Board of Directors and Executive Leadership Team regarding media issues.
- Directs proactive media relation activities in coordination with outside PR agency to positively position in the community the organization, clinical services, and other organization programs.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with local, regional and community media
- Serves as Public Information Officer for Hoag.
Community Education and promotional events
- Manages the organization’s participation in community and industry events such as those coordinated by the chambers of commerce, cities and industry associations.
- Manages community education classes throughout the regional marketplace that feature the organization’s areas of expertise.
- Oversees marketing efforts as they relate to organization special events and promotions, specifically: New Facility Openings; Community Town Hall Meetings; Medical Symposiums, Health Fairs, etc.
Education, Training and Experience
- Ten years’ experience in marketing, communications and public relations.
- 5+ years of experience in an executive marketing leadership role with experience in managing and motivating a team and a significant budget. Strong, proven leadership skills and highly developed interpersonal skills to lead and manage a diverse and highly specialized group of marketing, interactive, and creative professionals.
- Extensive experience in consumer marketing, including significant consumer brand strategy experience, understanding of direct to consumer marketing including digital marketing.
- Experience in use and management of CRM and loyalty/rewards marketing systems.
- Omnichannel Marketing Experience.
- Proven track record of driving revenue growth.
- Experience in scaling up an organization with demonstrated ability to navigate ambiguity, drive change and operate effectively in a rapid growth, fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of healthcare and or health services.
- Strong grasp of branding and brand vision in a regulated industry.
Skills or Other Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience growing a company in a competitive and evolving market; has a growth mindset and draws energy from change as opportunity.
- Deep experience in brand building - both strategically and creatively; phenomenal brand development to delight customers.
- Energetic and infectious leadership in a fast-paced environment. Interacts well with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to marry insights & data with storytelling, narrative development, and messaging.
- Outstanding interpersonal and community relations skills; ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community and represent the organization to the public and media.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
- Organizational planning, structuring, and staffing skills.
- Analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and identify strategic implications. Knowledge of and facility with technology and new media.
- Innovative; thinks creatively and “out of the box”.
- Both strategic and hands-on.
- Customer/patient service orientation. Excellent physician relationship skills.