The Hyper-converged Infrastructure Business Unit is growing with high double digits growth annually. Our solutions, VMware Cloud Foundation and HCI/vSAN are the cornerstones for the majority of Fortune 1000 in their Digital Transformation and Cloud journey. vSAN is consistently growing in double digit for last many years reaching to $1B in revenue. If you are passionate about storage, virtualization and distributed systems and want to make an impact to grow vSAN from $1B to $3B in next few years, join this team!
vSAN Functional Testing team is looking for Senior Software Development Engineer in Test that will help take vSAN HCI platform to the next level. The engineer will be part of the vSAN Core quality team responsible for testing and automation to qualify all vSAN product features. We are looking for an Engineer who can work in a highly collaborative environment, design/develop tools, test frameworks, infrastructure, and CI systems.
The team member will work with architects, product developer, product management and other stakeholders across the sites and deliver features with agreed upon business value, on time and highest quality. This is a rewarding position for people who love to work with complex distributed system, and have a thirst for learning.
- Define test strategy and develop test plans for virtualization and cloud infrastructure platform domain of company's infrastructure platform product
- Automate the end to end scenarios by integrating various different components into an overall architecture so that they can be packaged, deployed, and run most efficiently part of the continuous test runs.
- Add features to existing Jenkins CI and improve efficiency of testing.
- Set project milestones, prioritize individual tasks, and keep track of progress to ensure on-time project delivery
- Work with cross-functional teams in testing and development, and contribute actively in individual test design specification and code-reviews
- Provides technical guidance and lead discussions with fellow test developers
- Maintain current knowledge of new methodologies, tools, and mechanisms, for test development efficiency and effectiveness.
- Build rapid prototypes and work on fast-paced projects.
- Minimum 6 years of prior experience
- Candidates with C++ and Java experience who are open to coding in Python are also considered.
- BS/MS in CS from a reputable university or equivalent experience
- Strong file systems and OS storage stacks knowledge preferred.
- Outstanding coding skills in one or more of those programming languages
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Quality Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-08-05
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.