Job Description: IGM Financial Inc. is one of Canada's premier financial services companies, and one of the country's largest managers and distributors of investment funds and other managed asset products, with over $262 billion in total assets under management as of June 30, 2021. Its activities are carried out principally through Investors Group Inc., Mackenzie Financial Corporation and Investment Planning Counsel Inc.
We are focused on the long-term strength and stability of our companies and recognize these as core responsibilities to our clients and shareholders as we adapt and lead in an ever-changing world.
Why should you join the IGM family?
- Be part of a winning culture!
- Your opportunity to develop and work with smart, highly capable leaders who are passionate and innovative
- A genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion, through public goals, a variety of external partnerships/employee groups and an inclusive environment
- A fulfilling employee experience – we offer competitive terms, a collaborative/respectful way of working and connect strongly with our community
The Business Analyst will work closely with business units to fulfill its mandate and business needs by understanding functions, regulations, processes, and products. The role will contribute to strategic planning activities and work closely with counterparts in Technology to ensure that technical solutions are aligned with business needs.
- Business Requirements / User Stories
- Business impacts of product, system or regulatory changes
- New business process flows
- Business processes to identify opportunities for improvement or new products
- Business implementation plans with all impacted business units
- Deliver consistent, quality and timely Requirements Management Plans, Business Requirement documents / User Stories and related process flow diagrams.
- Ensure that business problems, opportunities, requirements and recommendations are well documented and align with change and business objectives.
- Apply a structured and consistent business analysis approach and methodology across all assigned business analysis initiatives.
- Analyze business processes to identify opportunities for improvement or new products (ex. efficiency and productivity gains, timeliness, and cost avoidance or reduction).
- Support the identification, documentation and implementation of business requirements, plans, and related business process flows with impacted business units/partners.
- Analyze and prepare business impact documentation, identify system or regulatory changes, and change management and training requirements.
- Support the definition and design of interactions between processes, people, and systems.
- Work with cross-functional teams on technical projects as assigned.
- Participate in business design reviews, or by consolidating and documenting a consensus business view.
If you are interested in applying for this position please direct applications on-line using the “apply for this job” icon located at the bottom or to the left of the posting. If you would like to refer someone for the position please email the posting using the “email this job” option and have your referral indicate that they were referred by you when completing the application. All resumes should be received by August 5, 2021. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Human Resources. Please record your extension9 number on your resume and cover letter. The career level for this position is L7.
External Applicants: *
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments offers an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive base salary, performance-based bonuses, excellent benefits, recognition for your accomplishments, and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Mackenzie Investments is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.
File # 21-1420
Job Type: Full-time