We are seeking bilingual MIS Project Manager / Production Support (Bilingual English / Japanese) for one of our customers. Starting with the remote work. Candidates needs to be able to commute when they reopen the office.
Japanese and English language skill is MUST for this job. (at least, business level for both)
The Project Manager is a part of the Treasury & HOMIS group. This role plans and implements Head Office MIS (HOMIS) application in coordination with other technical teams, business departments in the Bank and Tokyo application development/support teams. The role includes on-going application maintenance activities and production support.
HOMIS is the ETL application which sends daily balances and movements of Demand Deposit Accounts, Loans and Trade Finance with those B/S and P/L for NA and EMEA regions by extracting necessary data from relational databases.
As a HOMIS Project Manager, you will lead delivery of key projects driven by Japanese bank Tokyo Head Office by communicating closely with Tokyo members and related teams in NA/EMEA countries. You will analyze system requirements and make design documents for HOMIS developers working in NY/NJ. You will also work closely with HOMIS developers to implement stable interface applications between Tokyo and NJ.
As a HOMIS Production Support member, you work on production issues collaborating with SMEs and Tokyo iSM team for resolution as soon as possible.
Adding to the HOMIS work, you will also work for the FR2052a report, which extracts transactions from the source applications that handles our FOREX & Treasury dealing support systems. Our FOREX system handles FX (Spot, Forward, Option and Swap) trading/booking system for internal bank staff. Our Treasury dealing support system book Money, CD, CP, Time Deposit, Facility, Security Trade, Security Inventory, Derivative, Repo, Reverse Repo and Collateral.
· Understand overall system architectures of the applications, and work with network, middleware, production support teams to complete projects as well as troubleshoot production issues.
· Manage small-to-mid-sized projects by defining business and technical requirements, tracking schedule, estimate workload, obtain quotes from external vendors, budget approval process support, coordinate development effort with internal & external parties such as ETL team, internal Interface team, and production support team, mitigate issues and risks.
· Conduct application change management in accordance with the bank’s SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) process flow.
· Tackle production issues coordinating with business users, developers and operators. Conduct regression tests when necessary, especially in every application build.
· Meet with business users to gather requirements and translate them into functional requirements, then consult with SME to execute.
· Use high-level database architectures to work with data analysts and architects to ensure database designs are consistent with information architecture and information management.
· Lead data modeling activities and mentors ETL/BI developers in understanding the bank's data structure.
- Basic experience working with Relational Databases, Enterprise Application Integration projects.
- Back office business analysis and design experience including payment, settlement, cash flow, accounting and reconciliation is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of financial products including but not limited to Money, CD, CP, Time Deposit, Facility, Security Trade, Security Inventory, Derivative, FX (Spot, Forward, Option and Swap), Repo, Reverse Repo and Collateral is a plus.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience. Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with Linux or UNIX based operating system is a plus.
Required Skills / Abilities
- Business fluency in Japanese and English.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- An analytical, problem-solving mindset and delivery focused with a client-centered orientation.
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams in a fast-paced development environment.
- Knowledge of project management methodology/SDLC/PLC processes in IT financial services environments is a plus.
*This role requires occasional long hour and weekend work. Must be able to provide occasional weekend or late-night support for production support and implementation.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $75.00 - $80.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
Remote work until Covid-19 is settled down.
- Banking: 1 year (Required)
- SDLC/PLC processes: 1 year (Preferred)
- Japanese (Required)
- PMP (Preferred)
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19