The FSR is responsible for selling the bank's products and services to existing and new prospects. The FSR is responsible for the new accounts function of the Business Financial Center, identifies sales opportunities, makes appropriate referrals and meets or exceeds personal sales goals and achieves banks cross-sales goals.
The FSR is responsible for retaining and developing good commercial business relationships that lead to business checking accounts and other service products offered by the Bank. The FSR assists management of the Center to ensure retention of existing relationships and growth of new relationships.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Complies with and stays abreast of all policies and procedures, federal and state laws applicable to his or her job.
- Must be certified in the Financial Sales Representative Program and participate in the Sales Incentive Program.
- Opens new accounts and maintains existing accounts according to the established policies and procedures of the Bank.
- Consults with customers and prospects to identify products and services that will meet the customer/prospect financial objectives.
- Sell and cross sell bank products and services to existing and potential customers.
- Participate in all Center functions necessary to contribute to the achievement of the center earnings and growth objective.
- Encouraged to participate in various community and civic activities in the center service area to enhance customer relationships and attract new business.
- Telemarketing existing and potential customers for account servicing and additional sales opportunities.
- Assist with the management of the center sales and service efforts to ensure retention of existing relationships and growth of new relationships.
- Pursues the appropriate follow up for new and existing relationships within the Business Financial Center.
- Participates in sales meetings and training programs to obtain and refine product knowledge and selling skills.
- Ensures proper documentation requirements are met for all accounts maintained by the Business Financial Center.
- Utilizes Chexsystems and OFAC as a part of the new accounts opening procedures.
- Process and maintain accurate CIP information.
- Demonstrates a thorough working knowledge of the Bank's established policies and procedures.
- Commitment to teamwork and a focus on delivering The Citizens Experience.
- Actively participates in Products Knowledge and The Citizens Experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
There are no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and a minimum of one year of new accounts experience in a financial institution similar to ours.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
37 hours per week.