HubSpot is the world's leading CRM growth platform. Over 100,000 customers in more than 90 countries use HubSpot's software, services, and support to transform the way they attract, engage, and delight customers.
HubSpot for Startups is a global program with a mission to help millions of startups grow better. It's a fast-growing and important piece of HubSpot's larger customer acquisition strategy. 2021 is a key year for the program, as the scale-up phase begins. Our ecosystem consists of 4000+ global startup partners (accelerators, incubators, and VC's) and over 13,000 startup customers. You can learn more here: www.hubspot.com/startups
Our team is passionate and entrepreneurial. To drive the next phase of growth, we're looking for an accomplished Business Development Manager (BDM) to drive adoption of HubSpot Products among startups.
As a BDM, your responsibilities will include working with accelerators, incubators, and VC to drive business and technical relationships, educate startups in a scalable approach to drive new customer acquisition, and enable the sales team to drive effective and frictionless interactions with startups. You will have the exciting opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the GTM strategy of HubSpot in your geographic region.
Your responsibilities will include working very closely with the regional sales leadership team, focusing on driving revenue, product adoption, and market penetration within the various customer segments including startups, scaleups, and bootstrapped entrepreneurs. We're looking for people who possess a business development/sales background and can lead tactical and strategic initiatives to help drive revenue growth and adoption of HubSpot.
In the Business Development Manager role, you'll get to:
- Explore new partnership opportunities with VC, Accelerators, and Incubators, and onboarding them as approved partners.
- Manage existing startup partners to help them enable their portfolio companies to grow better.
- Build trust, establish credibility, and hold partners accountable.
- Educate startups on growth strategy (sales, marketing, and services) and HubSpot's platform.
- Work with HubSpot's core sales and marketing teams to make sure the partner and startup experiences are frictionless.
- Work closely with the Global Vice President and Regional Managers of HubSpot for Startups to share market research, partnership development, and startup development.
We're looking for people who:
- Are proactive, genuinely curious, and detail oriented
- Have healthy negotiation skills and business & financial acumen
- Have experience working with or within startups
- Have an understanding of the accelerators, incubators, and venture capital industries
- Are comfortable and capable of giving public presentations
- Are able to make data-driven decisions
- Have the desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals such as MRR, the number of new partnerships, and the number of new customers in your geographical region
- Have compassion and empathy for others
- Have great communication skills
Our team is led by Laurence Butler, Global Director of HubSpot for Startups. We're committed to diversity and are looking for candidates who are excited by supporting a global, diverse, entrepreneurial ecosystem within one of the fastest growing tech companies in Boston. We believe in transparency: our team is currently 30% female and 60% international.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don't hesitate to apply — we'd love to hear from you.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers' needs at any stage of growth. We're also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work. If that sounds like something you'd like to be part of, we'd love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the #4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot's Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot's use of your personal information.