MasterBUILT® Hotels develops, builds, manages and invests in best-in-class limited service hotels across Canada. We live and breathe new build hotels…developing more than anyone else in the country. Being an industry leader means we are always in search of the best people that share our four Core Pillars, are ideal team players, and a have a desire to learn and grow.
HOTEL SALES MANAGER
Eastern Canada (home-based)
Reporting directly to the Director of National Sales (DNS), the Sales Manager will be responsible for acquiring and maintaining quality accounts across the portfolio of hotels, specifically for the Travelodge Canada brand. A self-starter who is as adept at picking up the phone to make cold calls as they are at nurturing existing key accounts to maximum profitability, the Sales Manager will be an integral part of the team tasked with developing and managing revenues throughout Canada. To be successful, the Sales Manager will need to thrive in a fast-paced environment where results, recognition and reward all go hand in hand.
This is a remote position which can be based in Toronto, Montreal, or Halifax. This role requires up to 30% travel and the ability to communicate effectively in English and French.
- Actively solicit and nurture key corporate accounts by strategically utilizing well-honed outside and inside sales techniques, networking and other sales and marketing strategies
- Nurture and expand existing corporate accounts for the company’s overall hotel portfolio that contribute to meeting or exceeding the company’s operating budgets/targets
- Collaborate with hotel General Managers to develop comprehensive property sales plans that assist each hotel in meeting its room revenue objectives
- Provide the DNS with sales reports as required by the company
- Maintain accurate and timely sales activity logs in the company’s SFA database (Salesforce.com)
- Conduct ongoing competitive analysis and maintain up-to-date files of competitors’ activities, prices, brochures, sales kits, etc.
- Travel to hotel locations for sales prospecting and client / vendor events
- Coordinate and plan in collaboration with hotels to represent the company at trade shows, conferences and industry events
- Plan and execute regular sales missions to hotels in designated regions and feeder markets on a regular basis
- Work closely with the hotel General Managers, Revenue Manager and DNS to establish selling (rate and occupancy) and market segmentation strategies that maximize hotel profitability
- Perform any additional duties or responsibilities as delegated by the DNS
- 3-5 years’ experience in a sales capacity required, preferably in Hospitality
- Familiarity with hotel operations and revenue management considered an asset
- Must be proficient with basic computer systems, file structures and operations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Mission Critical Competencies
- Must be fully bilingual (written and verbal) in English and French
- Ability to travel within Canada up to 30% of time
- Demonstrated success as a persistent sales hunter and closer
- Pro-active and creative in identifying needs, solutions and independently acting on them
- Strong written and oral communication skills required
- Exceptional dispute management and negotiation skills
- Demonstrates a keen attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate being a team player
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- A fun, positive attitude with a sense of humour
- Bachelor degree in business, or hospitality management considered an asset
- A corporate culture that our employees describe as: Entrepreneurial, Results Focused, Relationship Oriented, Supportive of Growth & Learning, Collaborative, Empowering and Fun
- An opportunity to put your creativity to work: we want to be the trend setters, not the ones fighting to catch up
- A flexible benefits package that recognizes various personal/family situations
- A rewarding culture to maintain and add value to
- A supportive management team who walks the talk
- A cooperative management team that is strategic and forward thinking
To apply, please visit https://masterbuiltsuperior.bamboohr.com/hiring/jobs/216 to submit your cover letter and resume. We thank all applicants for their submissions, but only those deemed qualified by our hiring manager will be contacted. No phone calls please.