Job Summary and Scope:
To build customer loyalty and confidence by receiving and responding to customer inquiries via all channels. Work directly with the customer and sales professional as a main source for Veritiv products, service, and problem resolution. Ensure that customer expectations are met. Continually strive to improve customer relationship.
- Responds to incoming calls, e-mails and other requests from customers and internal business partners
- Communicates with customer to understand needs and concerns
- Seeks assistance from team members when necessary.
- Recommends solutions for customer independently as well as with field rep or manager
- Completes basic item look-up/sourcing and order placement independently or with assistance from Field Sourcing team. Order entry and follow up on those orders.
- Oversees maintenance and follow up on stock, indirect, and direct orders
o Manages and track all back order and open orders
o Requests credits and enters returns in a timely manner
o Maintains delivery status and order source tracking to ensure successful and on-time delivery
- Identifies, monitors and recommends solutions to customer concerns including service failures.
- Maintains open lines of communication with external and internal business partners (Sales/Operations/Credit).
- Solves a range of basic straightforward problems; analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures
- Uses product, market and fundamental knowledge in combination with Veritiv processes, procedures and applications to ensure customer satisfaction
- Uses available resources to organize and communicate
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned
- Presents a professional image
- Good customer service skills (friendly, courteous and helpful)
- Good communication skills (listening, verbal and written)
- High level of detail/high quality of work output
- Ability to recognize and resolve basic issues independently or with assistance from peers
- Consistently exhibits high level of motivation and sense of urgency, follow-up and straightforward problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize, and achieve goals as set out by management,
- strong time management skills
- Demonstrates a collaborative approach when working with members within the organization
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn
- Good Veritiv system skills including but not limited to: Salesforce.com,Compass, IT suite, Electronic Replenishment System (ERS), , Microsoft Office (Word,Excel and Outlook); Zilliant/P2P; Uniscore/SFD/VOS
- Contribute to providing a safe work environment
- Possesses a desire to learn and grow
- Customer Service experience 1-3 years required.
- Industry experience 1-3 years preferred.
- High School diploma/GED required, Associates/Bachelor degree preferred.
Veritiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
EEO Policy US | EEO Policy Canada | EEO Policy Mexico
This description does not attempt to define the job's essential functions as defined by applicable disabilities law.