- 5+ years of Financial analysis, management consulting or business development and IT management experience
- 3+ years’ experience in finance or technology analysis
Would you like to be part of a cross-functional team focused on assessing the comparative costs and value of migrating and running applications on AWS by engaging directly AWS customers decision makers, IT professionals and influencers at all levels? Can you take complex IT infrastructure and virtualization scenarios and simplify them down to the essentials, crafting models and financial assessments that are easy to understand and apply? Are you good at defining and quantifying business value, benefits and migration costs of improved processes and tooling? Do you have the business background, technical depth, program management, analytical skills and communication skills needed to help further establish Amazon as the leader in cloud computing?
As a Cloud Economics Business Development Manager within AWS, you will help AWS customers and prospective customers shape their information technology strategies and IT financial models, and quantify the benefits of running applications in the cloud. To do this, you will work with AWS partners and other groups within AWS to give AWS customers the best insights into how to run their applications on AWS, in the most cost effective manner. You will identify economic barriers to adoption of AWS with these customers and develop repeatable strategies to overcome these barriers. You will communicate the economic value proposition for AWS to a broad audience of IT leaders. You will engage with AWS partners, including ISVs, to address concerns regarding software license management. You will also be expected to be the focal point within AWS for all TCO (Total Cost of Ownership), ROI (Return on Investment) and cost efficiency business development activities.
Your responsibilities will include supporting customers as they assess the business value/economic potential of migrating and operating on AWS and working directly AWS Sales, and BD teams. You will serve as an expert resource on the financial modeling of IT infrastructure. In appropriate cases you will bring in other AWS resources as necessary to help our customers properly evaluate their IT options from an economic perspective.
The ideal candidate will possess a business and IT background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact with key decision makers for our AWS customers, and the technical depth and business experience to easily communicate the economic benefits of cloud computing. The ideal candidate will also be deeply familiar with complex legacy IT environments, with data center economics including data center migration and refresh cycles, with common enterprise virtualization environments, and be capable of creating detailed cost models for these environments. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated abilities to influence decision makers in a consultative selling approach to progress decision making through their personal involvement with developing and presenting a compelling business case.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to drive AWS Marketing and Sales engagements with our customers regarding the economics of their IT infrastructure.
- Work with AWS Sales, and BD teams to drive proactive of ROI/economic conversations with our customers.
- Utilize a standard ROI framework and analytic model to be utilized during customer engagements.
- Serve as a resource for the Sales team to help our customers create appropriately detailed financial models for their current and future IT landscape.
- Work with internal stakeholders to communicate market realities regarding the economics of running IT applications and infrastructures in the cloud when compared to a traditional data center environment.
- Prepare and present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks on economic related issues
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
- The right person will have experience with financial modelling and developing data driven business cases for highly technical environments.
- Prior experience analyzing implementation options for on-premises, remote virtualized and IT Infrastructures.
- Detailed financial modeling and analysis of large scale IT infrastructure, application and/or service investments, including baselining the total cost of ownership, detailed scenario analysis and functionality tradeoffs.
- Experience building out or migrating IT infrastructure or managing data centers is desired.
- MBA or equivalent relevant business experience.
- Must exemplify the Amazon Leadership Principles.
- Familiarity with the complexities of IT environments.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and attention to detail are a must, as well as leadership skills.
- Computer Science, and/or Business Consulting background highly desired