Regional Sales Manager-Liftgates- MidWest Region
The Palfinger values of People, Entrepreneurship, Respect and Learning, are more than words. We strive every day to create and support an atmosphere of collaboration, transparency, empowerment and customer focus so our greatest assets, our people, will be able to harness their passion, drive and motivations to make a big impact!
As an international group Palfinger offers its customers around the world hydraulic lifting solutions at the interfaces of the transport chain. At the moment, Palfinger operates business in 16 sectors: loader cranes, EPSILON timber and recycling cranes, marine cranes, davit systems, winches and offshore equipment, offshore cranes, boats, wind cranes, hooklifts, access platforms, tail lifts, passenger lifts, mobile cranes, truck bodies, railway systems, and truck mounted forklifts as well as attachments and equipment for increasing crane efficiency. As a member of the Palfinger North America Region (https://www.palfinger.com/en-us ), Palfinger continuously pursues our vision of being the preferred provider of truck equipment throughout North and Latin America.
Palfinger is seeking a strong Regional Sales Manager candidate familiar with the truck equipment manufacturing industry to join the team. If you like contributing your talents, being rewarded for strong performance and enjoy the satisfaction of accomplishment, then we think you have found the right place to come and build a future. It is our belief that you will join a company with a strong heritage and more importantly, a strong future.
The Regional Sales Manager’s primary goals for the Michigan, Ohio, W.PA, Kentucky region, will be to work with the distributor base; develop and grow small, medium, and large size end user fleet business; cultivate and market directly to the leasing companies, OEM’S (Trailer and Truck Body), Regional Lease, (Pac-Lease, IdeaLease & National Lease), along with the national companies Ryder and Penske.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, this role offers a competitive compensation package and opportunity for on-going earnings and career growth.
- Expand existing sales, develop new sales and build an account portfolio Texas, Louisiana & New Mexico.
- Grow leasing companies, fleets, and trailer business.
- Grow business with Body OEM’s
- Direct, develop, and execute sales plans and strategies to attain better profitability and level of service throughout the territory.
- Deliver sales presentations to a range of prospective clients with or without our Demo Trucks
- Generate leads.
- Meet or exceed sales goals.
- Negotiate all contracts with prospective clients.
- Assist with determining pricing schedules for quotes, promotions, and negotiations.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports.
- Analyze sales statistics to determine sales potential and inventory requirements and monitor the preferences of customers.
- Manage regional meetings/associations.
- Attend meetings with vendors/suppliers
- Represent company at trade association meetings to promote products.
- Class C driver’s license and ability to obtain a CDL Medical Card
- 5+ years of experience in Sales in Truck Equipment and/or Chassis Sales
- Experience and knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Experience negotiating contracts with favorable terms
- Abiltiy to communicate effectively with internal teams to meet customer expectations and requirements
- Experience using computer applications to create, manipulate, edit, and show virtual slide presentations. Specifically, knowledge of Windows applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint
- Ability to travel approximately 70%, work in a closed vehicle and outdoors when necessary
- Ability to make group presentations and be a representative at trade shows and conferences
- Self directed, motivated with the ability to work remotely from home
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation and performance rewards
- Comprehensive Benefitspackage with flexible options
- Opportunity for continuous learning and career growth
- Environment of Respect, Integrity, Openness, Inclusion and Support
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Travel reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Sales Experience: 5 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- On the road