The Retail Manager at Danby is responsible for all physical and financial resources across all North American retail stores, ensuring that store objectives are achieved. They will be charged with motivating their team members, ensuring the inventory counts are done and that established merchandising practices are followed. They also understand their role as company ambassador and provide positive professional experiences to all visitors and customers.
What’s in it for you:
- Full time, permanent position
- Day shift, Retail store hours, Monday to Saturday, 40+ hours/week
- Eligible for medical, dental and vision benefits after a maximum of 90 days
- Opportunity for advancement and career development
- Employee discounts!
You will do:
- Provide an exceptional customer experience to all
- Provide strong leadership to direct reports by communicating expectations/plans, coaching their performance, providing opportunities to develop skills, and holding them accountable
- Responsible for tracking, updating, managing, and selling store inventory
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures
- Accountable for the store’s financial objectives
- Report on buying trends, customer needs, profits, etc.
- Plan and oversee in-store/online promotional events or displays
- Responsible for all opening and closing procedures
- Maintain merchandising and operational standards
- Stay up to date on market trends to determine opportunities for improvements
- Ensure all retail stores comply with health and safety guidelines
- Additional management duties as required
You will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or College diploma in Business, Retail Management or related field, or an appropriate combination of education and practical experience.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in a retail management position
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong time management, organizational, prioritization, leadership and communication skills
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull product weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Proven success in development and implementation of program improvements for cost-saving measures
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with key business partners, and customers.
- Able to create realistic schedules and meet deadlines under stress and interruptions
- Expert skills in MS Office Suite: Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Experience utilizing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Software.
- Ability to travel to the U.S. retail locations as required
Danby was established over 70 years ago with a humble vision of creating truly innovative appliances that would offer big product features for small space living. Like you, we've moved with the times by continually evolving the functionality and innovative features of our products, so not only do they look good, they’re built great too.
Our products are marketed under several brand names, including: Danby, Danby Designer, Danby Diplomat, Danby Premiere, Silhouette, and MicroFridge, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will be a part of a company where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Sales: 5 years (preferred)
- Retail Management: 3 years (preferred)