The Business Analyst I is responsible for providing decision support through financial and situational analysis. This individual is responsible for supporting the development of business intelligence solutions as well as providing analytical support to the Energy Dispatch fuel hauling department
- Supports the Energy Dispatch fuel hauling department by performing data analysis and by making recommendations to improve business processes
- Provides research and analytical support to internal customers including, but not limited to: financial analysis, data analysis, trend identification, as well as monitoring and summarizing the progress of products and promotions.
- Identifies business challenges and opportunities for improvement and solves for them using analysis to make strategic recommendations.
- Analyzes data from various sources to drive the business forward in areas such as retail pricing, demand forecasting, and promotional analysis.
- Fulfills ad hoc requests for reports determining promotions trends, product launches, exception reporting analysis, etc.
- Assesses current Business Analysis processes and provides recommendations for new methods to enhance analytics for internal customers.
- 1+ years experience in related field preferred
- Experience performing business analysis or financial/statistical data in a retail environment is a plus
- Knowledge of SQL, MicroStrategy, and Business Intelligence Software is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required
- Knowledge of syndicated data like IRI and Nielson is a plus