Join Neighborhood CPAP, providing sleep apnea treatment, we are a fast paced high volume company servicing Pelham area for 12 years and just opened a new location in Clanton.
Our mission is to improve the quality of life for our patients at home, and being a leader for guaranteed customer success and satisfaction.
We are seeking a dedicated helpful Medical Customer Service representative that can work in both Clanton and Pelham. You will be responsible for communicating with the patients about their therapy in a professional & positive manner, dispensing CPAP machines and supplies, recording data, ensuring documentation is completed, received to correct departments, checking patients data, checking on how they are, & other duties.
Note, you must be professional and able to provide excellent service to all diverse groups. You must learn all of our medical equipment products, insurance network prices, rules for when patients can get new equipment & qualifications. It's a lot to learn at first however once done a few times, the full job is manageable, this job is great for fast learners and motivated individuals with focus.
This is a full-time job,pay is $13/ hourly. Depending on performance, raises will be offered in the future.
- Provides service for all retail/ walk-in equipment requests
- Check all paperwork for accuracy and completeness
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of current products, services, Medicare and insurances fee schedules and benefits
- Answering incoming patient and referral source calls, and ongoing patient service needs such as troubleshooting, order status and general inquiries
- Collaborate with back office
- Call insurance companies to obtain claim information & eligibility
- Able to calculate correct quotes for multiple insurance companies with different policies and fee schedules
- Coordinates all patient information, processes paperwork, including preparation of file for the billing department to receive
- Scheduling appointments on shared calendar
- Dispense CPAP machine and supplies and instructs patient on the safe and proper use of equipment
- Receives and responds to patient requests for CPAP supplies, including insurance verification, confirmation of their specific supplies needed and arranging pickup/ shipment
- Communicating with doctor offices for demographics, prescriptions, and sending reports
- Fit patients on different CPAP masks & cleaning
- Perform inventory count
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong friendly customer service background skills
- Effectively write and speak English with physicians, coworkers, and patients to ensure questions and concerns are processed in a timely manner
- Interpret a variety of instructions
- Able to come up with solutions
- One to three years of related prior work experience in a team oriented environment.
- Knowledge of DME or insurance policies, medical billing, reimbursement is a plus
- Multi task with attention to detail
- Must be able to perform simple mathematical calculations using additions, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Self motivation, organized, time management and deductive problem solving skills
- Requires sitting, talking, & listening
- Requires computer literacy skills- Microsoft, Office applications, Google, etc.
- Represents Neighborhood CPAP through a professional personal appearance and patient care activities.
- Must have a highschool diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to read and interpret instructions and effectively communicate them to patients
- Able to work a cash register -Square POS experience is a plus
- Must be reliable.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $13.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Profit sharing
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Employees must wear masks when customers are in the store at all times. All customers must wear masks inside, curbside service is available, surfaces are sanitized often, etc. Workspaces are spread out.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Multiple locations