- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in instructional design, develop global training and development programs.
- Project management skills including, planning, managing details, partnering with internal stakeholders, and managing multiple projects.
- Experience managing teams and projects, working cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders.
- People leadership skills in hiring and developing talent.
- Experience assessing learning effectiveness to develop solutions that positively impact performance.
- Demonstrated experience developing self-paced learning, Instructor Led Training (ILT), Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT), workshops, and coaching.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate sound judgment in ambiguous situations.
- Experience with commitment to goals and outcomes and positive impact to performance metrics.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication abilities.
The Learning Experience Manager will lead the strategy and development of our training curriculum and learning programs for customer support teams within SAS. In this role, you will oversee our instructional design/curriculum development and manage training content. We need an individual who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with the capacity and experience to lead a team in defining the learning content strategy for a customer facing audience and then follow through to deliver impactful business results through the design, development and evaluation of our training content and materials.
This role will be responsible for the instructional design and development of our training curriculum for role specific new hire training programs, continuing education, manager training, leadership development, subject matter expert (SME) accreditation programs, assessments and more. You will lead a team of instructional designers to design and plan for a blended learning approach with e-learning content, distance/virtual learning needs, and traditional classroom instructor-led content and on-the-job training.
You will play a vital, strategic role in ensuring that the SAS team has the learning programs and content needed to enable selling partner growth, selling partner satisfaction, learner satisfaction.
- Define and develop the learning content strategies and processes to ensure development and maintenance of effective training materials and programs for our employees in SAS.
- Lead your team to analyze needs, prioritize content roadmaps, then design and develop the programs and associated curriculum and training materials to meet those needs.
- Lead your team to measure, evaluate and report on the effectiveness and business impact of your learning programs and content.
- Work with internal stakeholders on ensuring that training programs are anchored in business objectives and outcomes.
- Pursue a deep understanding and passion in adult learning theories, learning design, and learning technologies.
- Excellent project management skills, problem-solving abilities, and strong communication skills.
- Passion for designing, developing, delivering, and measuring best in class training and development to contribute to team and customer success.
- Create and manage the communication strategy for promoting and highlighting your strategy, priorities, and the status with your curriculum development roadmaps.
- Lead your team to manage multiple projects and programs concurrently.
- Hire, develop and support the training and professional growth of your own team members.
- Travel may be required.
- Master’s Degree and Organizational Development.
- 7+ years of experience leading global or international training teams (or similar experience) to design and develop world class training and learning programs.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively with SAS Support leaders and team members.
- Experience managing the design and development of assessments and certification or accreditation programs.
- Experience developing and/or managing training programs for a variety of audiences ( account management, sales, technical roles, managers, leadership)
- Experience using and managing e-learning design and development using one or more tools like Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, Camtasia, video/audio production or similar.