We are looking for enthusiastic K-12 tutors to join our community of superstar educators who deliver online and in-person 1:1 tutoring to Sylvan families. If you are motivated to make a difference by supporting the ever growing need for educational support and dedicated to delivering quality, personalized tutoring, then we want to hear from you!
Begin your journey by visiting SylvanInHomeTutoring.com/become-a-tutor to submit your application and become a Sylvan approved tutor!
As a Sylvan approved tutor and independent contractor, you’ll build lasting family relationships while also enjoying the flexibility of managing your own schedule and income potential. You will be able to build a network of families in your local area, as well as our In-Home markets nationwide as well.
What’s in it for you as a Sylvan Tutor?
Becoming a Sylvan tutor means you are backed by a company with over 40 years of proven success in the field of education. Our goal is to make it easy and convenient for you to deliver first-rate tutoring to your students while also supporting you and the growth of your tutoring business.
Reasons you’ll love being a Sylvan Tutor...
- Establish and maintain your tutoring availability in a manner that meets your personal lifestyle and income goals.
- Set your own competitive hourly rate, giving you more control over your earning potential.
- Create your own online Sylvan tutor profile to highlight your skills and expertise, making it easy for you to market your tutoring services to potential families.
- Meet with students online or in-person*, making sessions flexible and convenient
- Manage your tutoring business from anywhere, any time! Our user-friendly website and mobile app make it easy for you to handle your schedule, track payment processing, respond to session requests, and communicate with your families.
- Access to our dedicated Customer Success team who are committed to providing first-class support, communication, product training, business development resources, and so much more…
*Please adhere to local health guidelines for in-person sessions.
What do we look for in a Sylvan Tutor?
Here at Sylvan, we believe that great tutors make all the difference, education is everything, and a child’s future depends on a solid educational foundation that is propelled by a true love of learning.
The ideal Sylvan Tutor possesses the following qualifications and requirements:
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree
- A current or past teacher’s certification preferred, but not required
- Successfully completed screening, background check, and approval process
- Demonstrated experience and mastery teaching or tutoring within your area of expertise
- A love of collaboration and a positive outlook! Great tutors are flexible and open to creative teaching strategies and best practices to ensure success for their students
- A clear, honest communication style (verbal and written) that reflects the highest standards of professionalism and family care.
- Knowledge of various technologies, educational tools, and online meeting platforms is a plus!
Get your application started today at SylvanInHomeTutoring.com. Have questions? Go to the Contact Us page to reach our team any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: From $25.00 per hour
- Referral program
Tutors are welcome to tutor in-person and/or online. Please adhere to local pandemic guidelines.
- Sylvan In-Home/Online Tutoring is only available in some areas. Please provide your current zip code to confirm your location:
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Tutoring: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations