For over 75 years, Puffer-Sweiven has set the standard in equipment and services for process control, automation, safety, and reliability. We help process-intensive facilities run more efficiently and safely by delivering quality products, technical support, and knowledgeable staff to implement the needed process solutions — with the goal of exceeding customer expectations. Our dedication brings the most advanced products and services to our customers throughout the Central and Gulf Coast regions of Texas.
As an Emerson Impact Partner, we offer a broad base of superior solutions including the top product lines for a given application. Our specialties at Puffer-Sweiven include:
- Pressure Management
- Isolation Valves & Actuation
- Control Valves & Regulators
- Process Control & Safety Systems
- Oil & Gas Automation– fiscal custody metering, controls, and SCADA
- Reliability Solutions & Services
- Specialty Pumps & Rotating Equipment
- Maintenance & Repair Services
Job Title: CAD Operator Designer - Rotating Equipment
Under the general direction of the Inside Sales Manager for Rotating Equipment, the CAD Designer is responsible for rapidly and accurately designing and drafting the general arrangement and fabrication drawings used in complex Rotating Equipment skid packages.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Use latest SoildWorks computer aided design tools to create 3D drawings, structural fabrication packages, ISO piping schematics and P&ID drawings along with accurate and detailed BOM (Bill of Material) listings for equipment skid packages. Familiarity with Inventor CAD software also required.
- Use standard industry practices for drawing piping, instrumentation, structural materials, weld maps and electrical schematics for equipment skid packages. These are the basis for design discussions with engineers, fabricators, sales team and project managers.
- The ability to utilize SolidWorks structural analysis features and 3D rendering capabilities is highly desired.
- Verify completed work by checking dimensions, arrangements, material quantities and spelling to create accurate first drafts.
- Develop, manage, and integrate component libraries into the design process. Conversion of drawings from Inventor to SolidWorks.
- Read and interpret written specifications and use this information to aid in design and production of skid package drawings.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and P&ID's from customers and vendor manufacturers and use this information to design skid packages.
- Work from verbal instructions, notes, rough or detailed sketches or other preliminary work for the purpose of designing and drafting Rotating Equipment skid package drawings.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Proficient experience in SolidWorks and Inventor design software platforms.
- Working knowledge and understanding of industry standards (ASME, ANSI, API, NEC, etc.)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of "Machining Practices" and welding standards.
Certificate of completion in SolidWorks or related coursework and at least 8 years’ experience doing CAD work in related industries.
- 8-10 years as a skid package designer, including the use of SolidWorks tools.
- Direct experience with the creation of assembly and fabrication drawings for rotating equipment skid packages. Experience with designing equipment building layouts and container packages is highly desired.
- Direct experience with the creation of piping and pipe system flow design and diagrams along with general knowledge of National Electric Code standards for the purpose of electrical routing and wiring diagrams.
- Must be able to plan work and manage assignments under limited supervision.
- General knowledge of centrifugal and positive displacement pumps, blowers and ancillary equipment are preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Strong interpersonal skills and team work
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem solving skills.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational
- Strong drive and initiative; provides self-motivation through goal setting and the management of goal attainment; innovative; dependable.
- Good business acumen.
- Proficiency with MS Office and Outlook.
Company Core Competencies:
Integrity: Is honest, trustworthy and forthcoming in both good and tough times; presents the truth in an appropriate and helpful manner, acts in line with those values; respectful of co-workers contributions and demonstrates a willingness to help others succeed.
Customer Centric/Customer Service: Demonstrates an urgency to meet both internal and external customer's expectations. Actively seeks information to understand customer's circumstances, problems, expectations, and then follows through ensuring expectations are met; is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of both internal and external customers: talks and acts professionally with customers and co-workers at all times.
Team Player: Demonstrates cooperation, positive behavior, and commitment to the overall success of the company; creates strong morale in spirit in his/her team; shares wins and success; establishes good interpersonal relationships by helping people feel valued, appreciated, and included in discussions; willing to teach and share knowledge with others.
Results Driven: Performs job duties to achieve a high level of quality, productivity, and service; dedicates required time and energy to assignments or tasks to ensure that no aspect of the work is neglected; works to overcome obstacles to complete tasks or assignments; steadfastly pushes self for results.
Commitment: Willing to go the "extra mile" and do whatever it takes to get the job done correctly.
Accountability: Is accountable for actions and follows through with commitments; is dependable; meets commitments and deadlines; Adapts to changes in jobs, duties, and company initiatives.
Employment at Puffer-Sweiven LP, International Flow Services LP, or any of its subsidiaries is employment at-will.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by employees of this position. Employees may be required to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.